1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Nostradamus predicted this college football season?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by gr8-1, Sep 20, 2001.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Found this at Hornfans.com
    Posted by:

Do The Lance Dance
    25+ posts
    09/20/01 11:53 AM
    Nostradamus- Wow!

I was doing some research on this Nostradamus stuff and encountered some weird passages. Kinda creeped me out:

VIX:
    In the year of the new century plus one,
    a fair-haired leader will come to power under the sign of the horn’d beast.
    The red wildercat from the land of the swamp will suffer greatly
    and soon thereafter, great pain and suffering will come to the ones from the sand.

The great battle of the new century plus one
    shall come to pass in the city of the green tower.
    Land thieves from the north that hold the stolen crown
    shall descend on the city to fight the great horn’d beast.
    A terrible vengeance shall come down upon them.
    Their armies shall be routed by a great power from the ground
    and tann’d pig flesh shall rain from the sky in great numbers.
    An awful vengeance shall come from the defenders of the land.
    Meat sticks and sugar bread will be had by the multitudes.

Those from the land of the violated sheep-beast
    will suffer many losses in this year.
    These terrible defeats will be chronicled by a great teller for all to hear.
    Their leader will fall. Another will come,
    but more defeats shall come to pass
    for lo, the great horn’d beast will have become mighty in this land.

A fierce battle shall come to pass early in the new century plus two.
    The great horn’d beast will fight a great storm from the sea.
    The land of the palm will shake from the power of the one from the eastern village,
    and the one from the flat land will be swift.
    An impenetrable force shall halt the great storm.
    Thorn’d flowers shall come to the fair-haired leader
    and all who follow him.

2. qwerty

qwerty Contributing Member

Just look at what i started with my Nostradamus thread last week.

I'm Sorry.

3. gr8-1

At least my thread is using UH, atm, ou, as a source of humor. Your thread scared the crap out of some of us at a very sensitive time.

4. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

: pulls out his Nostradamus beleivers ass whoopin stick :

;)

5. qwerty

Honestly, I didn't mean anything by it. I guess I forgot my smilies. Seriously, I read your post, had a good laugh. I was just surprised that anyone paid any attention to my first thread, and i'm sorry if you took it the wrong way.

6. gr8-1

You didn't mean anything by it? That post was very vague, yet telling, just like some of Nostradamus' quatrains. At that time, we were paying attention to any thread, whether you have one post or 1000. The number of posts you have does not indicate your credibility, though in this case, it should.

So, you readily admit that that was your idea of a joke? Or that you wanted to pull the wool over our eyes? What was the point of that post?

My post was a weak attempt at humor where only the most ardent college football fans would find humor in it. Your post came at a very serious moment. Your post was innapropriate to say the least.

7. qwerty

Okay, you're misunderstanding me.
    On my Nostradamus thread- I only posted it because someone was telling me about what Nostradamus had written earlier that day and i wanted to share it with others, see what they thought. The majority of the posters said Nostradamus was a crackpot, I was relieved.
    Second- when i said "I didn't mean anything by it", I was referring to my REPLY to you. I realized later that it sounded rude and was offering my apology. I was saying that i forgot my smilies on my REPLY, so that you would know I was joking about the Nostradamus thing getting out of hand. It was just a wisecrack, I probably shouldn't have said it, and I didn't really mean to get off on the wrong foot with you. I now offer you a peace smilie:eek: :( :) .
    P.S.- I didn't mean to scare anyone with the Nostradamus thread. Iwas scared myself. I am actually kind of proud that people like gr8-1 read it and showed some interest in it.