1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Non-Firearm Weapons

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sishir Chang, Jun 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

The bowfishing thread got me thinking about practice and study of weapons besides firearms. I have primarily practiced non-weapon martial arts but in the past few years have been studying weapons such as Chinese spear, Chinese sword, Japanese sword and Philipino sticks. Most of this has been form work but have tried some Kendo sparring and have done a little target shooting in archery.

Just wonder if anyone else there has tried there hand at weapons besides guns.

2. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

I've studied and trained in the use of various other "martial-arts" associated weapons including:

- kama (sickle)
    - nunchaku
    - sai
    - bo staff
    - blowgun
    - samurai sword (kendo)

Actually, never had any formal training in the use of guns (not that you really need any).

3. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Napolean Dynamite quotes in 3....2.....1.....

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I'm an expert with these.

[​IMG]

#4 Hippieloser, Jun 1, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Training and practice with a firearm is much more important that any of the other weapons you have listed. IMO use of a gun without proper training is not only foolish you are indangering yourself and other around you due to your own stupidity.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Anything used in the movie "Apocalypto", or by the Mayan civilization, which consists of tools primarily made shaping obsidian into a cutting edge. For an anti-burglar device, I like to put a trip wire at my front door which...when tripped...slings a tensioned tree branch around and slams the unsuspecting victim with multiple spear points fashioned from wood.

#6 Surfguy, Jun 1, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  7. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

This guy knows all about using non-firearm weapons..

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/19bf6LMMa78"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/19bf6LMMa78" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

8. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

Wow no Chuck Norris refrences yet?

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

10. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Totally agree with VooDooPope. Safe use of guns requires a lot of training. Interesting list Turbo and I noticed those are all Japanese weapons. Did you study those in Okinawan Karate?

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Do they call you Master Splinter?

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Oh my goodness

That is a situation .. you get up . .walk to the Camera and say
    GIVE ME THE D*MN TAPE .

LOL

Rocket River

13. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

pepper spray.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have studied the aluminum baseball bat my daughter used in T-Ball, the one I have under my bed. The perfect weight and size to snatch and whack an intruder with. A few thumps in the face and on and around the head, combined with a judicious foot to the groin, and I feel confident I've dealt with whatever my dog left. And if that doesn't work, I'll go with something not being the topic of this thread. :cool: