1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No wonder Bullard lost the Dream Job contest.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pistol Pete, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

During Saturday's game, I listened to to Worrell and Bullard's broadcast of the game.

As usual the camera made it's way over to the sideshow act known as Mark Cuban. Matt Dullard must have run out of boring things to say so at this point he said. "Mark Cuban is the best owner in the NBA." He mentioned some crap about Cuban caring so much about winning (like most other owners don't).

Worrell is pretty savvy and pointed out that since Les Alexander signs their checks, he'd have to vote for Les. He also said that ranting and raving during the game does not make you a good owner. Worrell pointed out the things that Les has done for this team over the years.

Whether or not Dullard actually believes that, saying that on a local broadcast about the other teams owner was dumb.

#1 Pistol Pete, Apr 24, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I like Bullard. I thought it was funny when he asked Worrell should he draw a smilie on Cubans face when Cuban was pissed off.

3. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Bullard is badass!

Stephen A. Smith is a turd

4. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Only if there are a lot of fans out there that take the reactionary route that Matt is some type of traitor.

If you look around on this site, there is a Mark Cuban thread about him fighting the RIAA and MPAA against draconian laws for copyright. And that got good response from *Rocket fans* on this BBS.

The tone of most Clutchfan comments was, "I have a newfound respect for Cuban."

So, he's not bashing Les as much as it was a complement to Cuban.

5. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Cuban is always pissed of. He's a titty baby.

Matt Bullard at this point is worse than Van Chancellor and that's friggin saying something.

6. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Whoosh...the point flew over your head. Les Alexander signs his check. Go tell your owner, in front of his customers, that the owner of another company is better at doing his job than he is. You won't be emploed long.

7. DavidS

Uh, no it didn't. He's not going to get fired just because he's not kissing ass.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Is that a combination of savvy and naive?

9. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

No, he probably won't get renewed for being an idiot though. Apparently Worrell agreed with me and so did Bullard when he backtracked on his original statement after Worrell rescued his ass.

10. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

sorry...typo.. savvy

11. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

By the way, can someone lend the Billionaire a comb and some clothes that didn't come straight out of a 10th graders closet.

12. DavidS

He'll be back. Bullard won a couple of rings with this team. And he'll always be a part of the Rockets organization. Just because he wasn't polically correct will not wash away all that he has done for this team.

Read the part about "reactionary."

13. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

I read everything you wrote. It still doesn't make Bullard's statement not ignorant under the circumstances. He probably won't get canned for it but it does show poor judgement on his part coupled with his poor announcing skills. Not to mention that Cuban is a disgrace with his infantile behavior on the sidelines.

#13 Pistol Pete, Apr 24, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  14. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

If Bullard had done that the first week on Dream Job, he would have been ripped to shreds by the judges.

15. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cuban is a terrific owner. He took over a dead franchise and made it into a good team and a hot ticket. He actually stands up to the commissioner. He is clearly a fan and relates to the fans. All of you who b**** about Les and his fat cat, late arriving, Lexus lounge sitting vegetarian friends, have to like what Cuban is about.

Now you may not like him as a person, or as competition, or as a whiner, or as a rich kid self made millionaire, or whatever. But he is a good owner.

16. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I sincerely doubt that Les is so insecure that he would really care how Bull worded his comment.

17. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Not every owner cares about winning. For a lot of them, it's all about the bottom line. Cuban may be brash and sometimes embarrasing, but have you ever seen an owner who was so accessible? You could email him right now and he'll probably respond to you himself. And the guy is willing to go above and beyond to try and bring in as many talented players as possible. It's been quite a while since he's been fined, so it looks like he's found the perfect balance of being an owner and super fan. I'd love to have an owner like him.

BTW, think about how many games Cuban attends for the Mavs. Seems like all of the home games and quite a few away games. Now, think about how many games Les has been to. He goes to more Heat games than Rockets games. Nothing against Les because he has been the owner who brought this city it's only championships, but I would not mind having an eccentric billionaire who wears team jerseys or other shirts and cheers his ass off at every game.

18. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

David Stern would dance nude in Times Square if Cuban sold his team. Cuban constantly berates the refereeing in the NBA. Cuban has probably never had to officiate a youth basketball game much less an NBA game or he would realize the NBA ref's are pretty damn good and can't be expected to get every call right.

19. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

I didn't say all, I said most and I stand by that.

I have e-mailed him and he didn't respond. I asked him if he was so concerned about sending videotapes of ref's bad calls to the league, did he include the bad calls that went in the Mav's favor. He never responded, because he's not inerested in improving the product, as he has buffoons believe. He's interested in improving his teams chances. His titty baby act on officiating made it down to Avery Johnson yesterday.

I wouldn't mind having a pet chimp but I wouldn't want to have to deal with the "crap" that came with that primate either...

Yeah and he tries to get as much TV time as he can by constantly yelling at Ref's. Not to mention running on to the court to break up a fight.

Les has been a great owner, period. He does not need to act like a jackass to get my respect.

#19 Pistol Pete, Apr 24, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the last thing Les Alexander is worried about is that Matt Bullard said Cuban was a better owner than him on a local broadcast in Houston.

the rest of the country was watching espn's coverage anyways...

we need to quit worrying about who says what about us and just WIN