1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No time to wither..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DwangBoy, Apr 20, 2008.

1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

The rockets are trained to do what others think is not possible.

Lose game 1?? Better than winning games 1 and 2, then losing the series.

We will win this series. The Jazz looked mediocre at best today, yet the Rockets were still in it.

We have the fire and the nerves should be behind us. If Adelman can preach simplicity over the extra dribble or pass, the Rockets would have dominated this game..

All is good, back to the tapes and drawing board and fix your mistakes. pound battier down low.. drive mcgrady whenever possible.. have brooks penetrate and dish out..

But the best of all.... we have nothing to lose!!! Go out there and shoot with no caution... pass with a hint of pride... this is the best opportunity the Rockets have had in the last 3 yrs.. no pressure to succeed, yet all the talent to do so.. lose game 1... that's the storybook beginning to a storybook ending..

Who would have drawn it any other way.. We can win this series.. all it takes is for Tmac to feel no pressure, go out there and obliterate one game, then take that momentum, along with his team, and take vengeance against these hated Jazz.

GO ROCKETS!!!!!

we win in 6 baby......

2. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

i hope you are right!

3. coolthunderz

coolthunderz Member

we need rafer....plain and simple

4. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

you're words make me feel at ease. I have never met you, kind sir, but you have assured me a good night's sleep.

I hope you're right... damn do I hope you're right.

5. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I mean the Rockets looked mediocre at best and were still in it.. haha sorry to confuse.. and yes.. this is honestly a good thing for the rockets i think--to lose game 1.

Tmac is all we need to carry this team to victory.. remember the first game against the jazz at their home in the regular season.. won by 11, tmac had around 40.. he plays the best when he's letting loose and doesn't feel pressured to hit shots. that's exactly what should happen now, especially w/o yao and his recent speech of "it's on the team"

He should come out relaxed in Game 2 and be able to take over..

rest easy people..... just remember what's happened in the past when the rockets won the first game...

6. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

I think we win game 2 no problem but after that blehh

7. apocclass

apocclass Member

part of me wishes we started a series out on the road. i think we would be better off working to steal one on the road and then being able to come home than trying to defend home court right off the bat.

8. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I wholeheartedly agree... It was sad to see the lack of ball movement today without Rafer leading the way. The Rockets will have a hard time winning if they keep playing the isolation style of basketball they did today and I definitely don't want to see another heartbreaking first round exit. COME BACK, RAFER!

I've still got faith though. They will figure it out!

9. apocclass

apocclass Member

lol, actually, we need alot more than rafer..... ron artest and yao ming would have been pretty nice as well.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I like the optimism. This BBS is short on it. People were lamenting our loss before we even played a game.

11. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

if we win we are tied at 1-1 with 2 chances to steal one at salt lake. we are fine

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

No time to wither... but we sure could use a Wilt.

;)

13. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

I never thought I'd ever read those words as a Rockets fan.

14. automorph

automorph Member

yeah we need rafer.............head sucks

15. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Lets go Rockets! We true fans always believe in the TEAM!

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Hey I was thinking excatly the same. You know, I think everybody remember series with Dallas or Utah (last year). We all know how excited we were after winning the first 2 games against Dallas or Utah. It was so exctining, we even tought we had already won the series.

But than those series both took 7 games and WE LOST both of them. Of course it would have been exctining and more confident if we had won Game 1 but it wouldn't have meant anything.

Maybe now we have to lose 1 game to win next several - to win the whole series.

It is not time to panic especially after last 2 series against Mavs and Jazz. Even 2-0 doesn't mean anything.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BJ and Aaron will redeem themselves Monday, those guys are big game players......

18. Asian Sensation

I'm kind of relieved we lost game 1. Maybe I'm being overly superstitious but we took the first 2 games last year and 2 games against the Mavs 3 years ago and we all know how that turned out.

This is still going to be a looooooooong series and there are plenty of battles ahead and I believe!

19. Ready

Ready Member

Dwang,

lets just snatch some tickets to game 2. Right behind little old Ricky so we can school him on what the Rockets are about.

Sincerely

Ready

20. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

next game is a must WIN! can't afford to have a 0-2 record going to utah. If we pull 1-1 and rafer getting back for game 3, then BJ would be back to his normal role and all we have to do is steal one somehow out of Utah and get back in. However it all begins on Monday night