1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No team meeting following JB's "disrespecting the game" interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by No Chill Rocket, Dec 29, 2015.

1. No Chill Rocket

Per Calvin Watkins/ ESPN twitter.

Rockets guard Jason Terry said no team meeting was held or even necessary following interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff saying his team disrespected the game and had mixed priorities following a loss at New Orleans. "This was 'Coach you're right. You hit it right on the head.' Now tonight is the response," Terry said at Tuesday's shootaround prior to the game with Atlanta. "So no team meeting at all. The meeting will be out here on the floor tonight and this entire week."

http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0473541229573840587-4

https://mobile.twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/681888369429708800

2. RCPM

RCPM Member

We shall see!

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Because the players knew what was up already.
    Pass the dam ball Ko.....I mean Harden!!!

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Let's see JB hold guys accountable first.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If guys are not hustling, I want to see their butts on the bench.

DD

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

But did a Navy SEAL come in to speak?

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

J.B. is all talk, just watch. Just like McHale, except that one game.

8. No Chill Rocket

Lol would be funny as hell to see James harden benched today . I wouldn't even be mad .

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Welp. Believe it when I see it.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I bet he's not.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Jason Terry seems like a natural leader and someone you could easily see on the NBA sidelines as a head coach in a decade.

12. bmd

bmd Member

This whole thing reminded me of Mike Singletary's famous rant:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EB5-yJM3vJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

sounds pretty chicken **** to me.

If a boss has a problem with me - be a man and call me on it. Chances are - the street goes both ways and there is something that needs to be resolved.

To throw a sloppy blanket statement out there - then passive/aggressively ignore the team following the post game statement..... inexeperienced coach gonna inexperience coach

I'm waiting for him to say "don't make me turn this car around"

1 person likes this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

What JB said wasn't even all that bad. He went very easy on these guys. If the players don't respond then JB needs to take the gloves off and really tell it like it is.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Are you more important than your boss?

16. studogg

everyone plays a role in an organization. There is no iron rule.

There may be times when I'm wrong - may be times they are wrong. But you don't get to resolution without talking about.

17. studogg

and in this case, Harden is more important to the team than JB

once you've been in business for a while, you know that the person with the title of boss can shift and change. Someone who hires you can become your suboordinate and vice versa over time. relationships matter. whose in charge is useless trivia unless everyone is going the same direction.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You're not wrong, in general...but it just isn't the same dynamic. If Harden wanted JB out, he could get it done in one meeting with Les. How many of us can do that with our boss? A boss can't act the same way, when he's in that situation. Bickerstaff has to be as aggressive as possible, without losing Harden. McHale lost him by being too passive. Passive-aggressive may be the only way to deal with it, if Harden isn't responding. JB already spoke to James one-on-one, as well as everyone else. It's not like he's avoiding direct communication and talking through the media. Given the McHale situation, where "sources" put the blame on a Harden, I find it hard to believe that more of this isn't on James than JB.

19. studogg

don't think we are differing in opinion that much. I don't mind the comment he made but would have preffered to hear he followed up with a post game meeting citing specific instances.

I for one don't believe this is all about harden as it's portrayed to be. The drop off from game to game is a mentality issue that goes across all players.

To make one statement - let it fester in the media - not talk about it to the team directly after - to me is a ticking time bomb for a young coach. Maybe it's very calculated on his part but it seems way more reactionary.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

JB was getting jiggy with the team not too long ago...i think he knows the importance of building a relationship with them...everyone talks about how well-liked he is and has been, especially the players. I don't think he'd throw this out there, unless he felt it was justified and had the support of most of the players..and it looks like he does, judging by their reactions. I think James is smart enough to understand he kind of drove JB to do this and appreciate that he wasn't singled out.