1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No playoffs, no more Rudy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by luckystrikes, Nov 27, 2002.

Tags:
  1. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

If you’ve read any of my posts during my short time on the BBS, you know that I am huge hater of Rudy. Game after game we see the same old tired “offense” or lack thereof. Our team is a bunch of kids running around with no direction what so ever. The line-ups that he plays in games are a joke, and leave everyone wondering why. It’s not Moochie’s fault that he dribbles the ball for 20 seconds, only to pass if off to an un-open player, or jacks up bad shot after bad shot. You have to look from the top down. Rudy is allowing all of these things to happen. If we had a bad game here or there and things got fixed, it would be a different story. We have an extremely talented cast of players, that’s deeper than any Rockets squad I’ve ever seen!! Very bad coaching is wasting this talent. What I’m afraid is going to end up happening, is that we’ll continue down this pathetic path of Rudy’s screw ups, and several of our players are going to want to play somewhere else. Rudy has got to go people. I’m all in favor of being loyal, but this is getting ridiculous. Surely someone high up in the organization sees all of this. Like I said in my last post, all of our games are a coin toss. 50/50 until something is done with the coaching.

Here’s my question: If we don’t make the playoffs, is Rudy our head “coach” next year?

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

If we don't make the playoffs, nobody on this team is safe...

3. tommycatluvsme

Lottery, here we come!

4. jlaw

jlaw Member

Rox should lose every game from now on. So we can get Lebron James. :D :D

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

if you had asked me this question in the offseason, i would have said, "yes...if rudy doesn't make the playoffs he's gone!"

but now i'm not as sure...i think les would give him some time to develop ming before he starts over with a new head coach...and it might also concern the Chinese who were reassured what a great coach Rudy is with big men.

6. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

You mean that Memphis gets LeBron James sine we owe them our 1st round pick regardless of draft position.

7. Dennis2112

I do not believe that Les Alexander will send Rudy packing with the new building opening next year.If we are close to the playoffs or miss them, Rudy may be on the hot seat but will not be fired.

8. jlaw

jlaw Member

Holy Shnit!

9. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

Rudy was part of the instrument of getting Yao Ming from the Chinese. Also with tansition to the new arena next year, I doubt he'll be axed this season end. He will be given time to work with Yao and develop him for another year or two at least.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Are the Rockets really that talented compared to the rest of the league? They have 1 great player Francis, and one potentially great player in Yao Ming.

There are several good players- Griffin, Mobley, Taylor, KT, Rice. But is that really more talent than the rest of the league?

Golden State has- Jason Richards, Gilbert Arenas, Troy Murphy, and Antawn Jamison and they still can't win. Grizz have Pau Gasol, Drew Gooden, Stromile Swift, Jason Williams and are horrible.

It seems that teams need 2 great players before they get consistent success. Look at the Lakers. I'm not sure how much we can blame Rudy at this point.

11. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

Excellent point about the Chinese Basketball Association. I'm sure that would make the organization uneasy. But if Rudy doesn't start running the offense through Yao now that he's shown he can be a star, they might also be the first to call for his head on the platter. With diplomacy, of course. ;)

12. walterw

walterw Member

It really depends:
    He won't go if we can attract fans to fill up the Compaq center
    even if we are losing.
    He probably won't go if he can come up with some injury excuses.
    But if the game is continuously played as ugly as the one yesterday, he has to go.

13. Dennis2112

Well if the team continues to shoot as poorly as last night then they ALL need to be sent packing.

There is no way that that kind of team wide shooting slump will continue. They very well may light up GS tonight.

14. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

This team is too talented to not make the playoffs. Everybody always talking about how great a coach Rudy is, I want to see it. The step in the right direction for this team is to make the playoffs this year.

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Cato says they break up the team if no playoffs.

16. KingDaddy

KingDaddy Member