1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Need to panic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AzNaNsZ, Mar 24, 2008.

1. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

Hey guys i know everyone is in meltdown mode but i just want to say one thing, the rockets have just hit a streak wall and its pretty normal. Both the bucks and lakers lost like 4 of there next 6 after the streak and i think we could see it happening like in the charlotte and atlanta games we started to get a bit stagnate, so i reckon the rockets just need to talk and get back to what their doing and we'll go rolling into the playoffs :D

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

meltdown? That's foolish.

Panic is all about looking at the volatility of W/Ls .

don't look at that. Look at how many away games we've won vs how many home losses we have. That number becomes your playoff seed at the end of the year. It's just less volatile than all W/Ls.

We were a #4 seed based on Away Wins / Home Losses after Boston
    This week, we are still the #4 seed based on that criteria.
    it all converges.

Everything points to us being the #4 seed.

don't worry. N.O. is coming down.

3. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

hey im just saying after our losses there were hate threads everywhere and trade and bashing threads again

4. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Ignore'm (or use 'those' threads to take the opportunity to build your ignore list).

There were a lot of posters in the Phoenix thread commending the team for the effort.

Many rightly understood that the streak was physically and mentally draining, we had a very tough schedule that week, Phoenix is probably our toughest match-up right now esp back-to-back after high-energy GSW, Landry was just coming back, and yet we fought back to make a game of it.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm not panicking. They went 2-3 during Hell Week. That's not good, but it's not terrible either.

I'm not feeling too good about their chances at the #1 seed with New Orleans and San Antonio turning it on lately. But they still have a pretty decent shot at home court as long as they stay ahead of Phoenix and Utah.

6. MONON

MONON Member

I'm pretty happy with the results of "hell week". I thought we'd go 3-2. I was worried about the back game @NO & the b2b Warriors/Suns games. I've said it before & I'll say it again. "Back-to-back road games with Phoenix and Golden State should be outlawed!!!" :mad:

After looking at the remaining schedules, here's my predictions for the playoffs:
    1. Lakers
    2. Spurs
    3. Rockets
    4. Jazz
    5. Suns
    6. Hornets
    7. Warriors
    8. Nuggets

9. Mavs

The Lakers have a "cream puff" schedule and the Spurs aren't far behind.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Plus the way we play on the road, I'm really not worried about having home court or not.

That being said, the T-Mac/Yao era Rockets have a 5-game playoff road losing streak. But we did lose Game 7 last year...at home. So who knows.

8. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

Just pointing out again... anyone who is on the pessimistic side, that that was our toughest week of the season game wise, starting Sunday with the Lakers and ending Saturday in Phoenix... we went 2/5 which is pretty descent considering the let down we could have had after Boston.

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Opponents > .500:

Suns - 10
    Warriors - 9
    Spurs - 8
    Hornets - 8
    Mavs - 8
    Lakers - 7
    Jazz - 7
    Nuggets - 7
    Rockets - 5

Looking at the remaining schedules, I think we have a good chance at finishing in the top 3. And the Mavs could very well be on the outside looking in when all is said and done.