1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No NBA Season = Great NBA Draft for Houston???

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Trackwell, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I have heard of several different senarios of how the NBA draft order will be determined. This is the DEEPEST pool of college talent that I have ever seen, and it is a great year to OWN two first round picks. I keep hearing that if there is not a season, that we will have a good chance of getting two top ten picks in a very very very very deep draft!!:eek: That's the brigth side of the NBA lockout.

Could you imagine drafting two of these players: Anthony Davis, Harrison Barnes, Andre Drummand, Jeremy Lamb, Austin Rivers, Jared Sullinger, Brad Beal, Marquis Teague, Perry Jones, Quincy Miller, James MCadoo. And many many more!!!:eek:

In the big scheme of things, not having an NBA season could be the best thing that has happened to the Rockets in a long time!!!

Glass half full my friends:cool:

2. E_Saiyan

E_Saiyan Member

I don't see how we can get two top 10 picks if there is no season. If the draft order is based on historical record or even playoff appearances, we will likely have a late-lottery pick at the best. I'd rather take the chance of playing a shortened season and "tanking" by playing young players to draft higher.

3. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

There will be more factors too it then historical record. Many people believe that it will be very close to the way the NHL did it a few years back. Under that equation we could easily have two top ten picks

4. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

This is how I felt once it sunk in that we won’t have a season. It’s been said that this draft could have 9-10 franchise players in it. If that Knicks pick ends up being in the 6-10 range, it could be a HUGE game changer for us. I can live with losing a season of basketball where we weren’t going to do anything anyway if that’s how things end up. I want the Rockets to be relevant again.

5. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Word.

6. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Shouldn't it be:

No NBA Season = Great NBA Draft for LA Clippers???

They do have their pick and the T-Wolves unprotected 2012 pick

Which would also mean:

Donald Sterling and Vinny Del Negro = A sucky team no matter who is on the roster....

7. AFS

AFS Member

Imagine Harrison Barnes playing with Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon.

8. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Oh my god dude, thats not even funny... Thats just not fair. Imagine when Barns, Gorden, and Griffin all reached their peak at around the same time and are playing at the top of their game together... That would be an unstoppable force. You have Gorden and Barns wrecking havoc on the perimeter and both players can slash to the rim whenever they want. Then you have Blake Griffin in the middle doing just about anything he wants once he gets his post game together and learn to slow down while being even more effective. Then somehow the Clippers manage to keep D. Jordan to play in the middle with Blake. You will have Griffin, Jordan, and Barns dunking on people all day long...

9. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

Plus they'll have another top 5 pick cause of the wolves. Oh the humanity! :eek: