1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No love for the Astros ::smdh::

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by pocketrocket81, May 1, 2015.

1. pocketrocket81

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

It's espn they will never give Houston credit for anything .

5. Buck Turgidson

Except when they do, then it's forgotten in a day or so in anticipation of the next horrendous slight.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Who cares? ESPN is entering year 3,871; we all know the drill by now: east coast, superstars... it's been like that for decades. Everyone needs to stop worrying about some remarkably silly network with virtually no creditability validating your favorite team, and instead focus on enjoying what's a remarkably fun time to be a fan of Houston sports.

7. Major

Major Member

Exactly. I especially love the "ESPN hates James Harden for MVP" posts mixed in with a post every time anyone on ESPN says that Harden should be MVP.

8. baubo

baubo Member

ESPN is made up of many, many people who collectively covers every single opinion existence to man and many more that no sane person would ever conceive.

Even if ESPN is perfectly fair to every team, each team will be most likely slighted by most stories. And we all know there's no reason why ESPN would slant their reporting towards Houston assuming there's no one by the name of Tebow or Manziel or someone of that ilk playing here.

9. awc713

awc713 Member

kind of on topic, but can y'all imagine how gushy ESPN would be over Watt if he played in CHI or NY?

10. Airdough

Airdough Member

Schoenfield thought we would be good. By not considering us a surprise, it's actually a compliment.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Can you blame them though? In terms of market share, the Texans aren't even in the top 10 in terms of following. I'd be surprised if they were even in the top 15 honestly. Outside of Houston, nobody gives a rat's ass about the Texans. If anything, I'd say I'm thoroughly impressed with how much they actually talk about Watt, and how much of a national following he has. People all over the country love Watt. I can't think of another Houston superstar (perhaps Yao) that had THIS much national coverage. Olajuwon is considered an all-time great, but he never had this kind of fanfare surrounding him outside of Houston.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Winning games > getting love

1 person likes this.
  13. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Am I in the minority where I don't really care if they recognize us or not? If they do, that's great, if not... then their loss. All these late inning come from behind wins, entertaining as hell to watch.

14. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

We are getting national love, I can tell ya that

I listen to MLB Radio every morning on the way to work, about a 45 minute trip...and the Astros were the main topic pretty much the whole 45 minutes. Talking about how Keuchel is without a doubt a true Ace, Altuve a true star and really talking up the bullpen.

Then I get in the truck this afternoon to come home, and obviously a different group of hosts but still on mlb radio....first thing I hear is how great the Astros April is....

This isn't going without notice. If yall want to be a bigger story on espn than the Yankees and Red Sox, then prepare to be discouraged

But we are getting some love

15. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

This.

16. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Astros getting love on ESPN right now

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Astros game today is rated the likely most appealing game aesthetically today by Fangraphs Nerd scores. I'm getting sick of how much attention Fangraphs is giving the Astros.

18. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I'm so amped about having a real baseball team to root for again.

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

20. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Dangit. I wish they'd leave around 20 and not talk about us. I don't get hung up on "the media won't give us props"...I prefer they ignore us just as they have for the last 8 years.