1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No higher than 9th seed now...

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clutch, Apr 18, 2000.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Cavs and Nets both lost.... the Nets to the freakin' Hawks -- that's when you know the powers that be are conspiring against you.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

2. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Whoa...someone lost to the Hawks??? How'd this happen?

------------------
    Check out the best source for draft info.

Draftsource.net

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Geez, we're up 14 at half.... and though I love how we're playing it's critical we start tanking now (dammit) ..... Nuggets and Celtics both won. Nuggets beat the Jazz too ....

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

4. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Clutch:
    To make matters worse we could slip to 11th. We are tied with Denver (who plays Portland tonight) and Denver (who plays NY tonight). Both of those will probably be losses. So if we do continue our winning ways we could go to 11th.
    The lottery seemed so much better when we were looking at a 6-8 pick rather than a 9-11 pick. I know we can still luck into a top 3 pick either way, but at the same time we could slide down up to 3 spots as well if Dallas, Denver & Orlando would somehow defy odds and slide into the first 3 spots.
    But, I'm a CB fan and I want us to win in his last game. Guess I better start hoping that Boston & Denver catch Portland & NY looking ahead to the playoffs.

------------------

5. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

If Martin wasn't injured, it would have been worth it to do anything to get him, but now I'm not sure. After him, I'm not sure it would make a difference where we picked, 2 through 12, they are all about the same this year. Maybe Miles could be a project who becomes a superstar. If Atlanta doesn't take him, Miller will probably still be there at 11.

Now that it doesn't look like we'll get Orlando's pick, where is the other pick Rudi said we have this year? Detroit's, or do we have a second round pick?

------------------

6. outlaw

outlaw Member

well last time the Rocks had the 11th pick we got Robert Horry and regardless of what you think of him as a player now, we would not have won the championships without him.

Other #11 picks who have had decent NBA careers:

Reggie Miller (1987)
    Kevin Willis (1984)
    John Salley (1986)
    Nick Anderson (1989)
    Tyrone Hill (1990)
    Terrell Brandon (1991)
    Allan Houston (1993)
    Carlos Rogers (1994)
    Gary Trent (1995)

7. SlamN

SlamN Member

Typical Rockets...a few weeks ago I had something to look forward to at the end of the regular season. Now, it looks like we're gonna get a 10th or 11th pick. Not much will be available at that spot. I hope the Rockets have some trades or FAs in mind.

------------------

8. SlamN

SlamN Member

outlaw: you are correct. I checked out the past few drafts and there have been a few star quality players drafted around the 10 spot. I guess, I was just disappointed when the Rockets loss some balls.

------------------

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes, there were a lot of nice players drafted around that pick, but there were also a lot of duds drafted before them. *sigh*

(Please Rudy, draft a good one!)

------------------
    <this space for rent>