1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nnamdi Asomugha anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by clos4life, Mar 12, 2013.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Here is a chance to sign the player many here wanted. He has been released by the Eagles today.

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He sucks now.

Lost his passion for the game and his coverage skills are declining badly.

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

4. smr6

smr6 Member

Even with how bad he played with the Eagles (A lot of it due to the system, which he does infact have the exact skills our system requires) he will still cost too much.

Only a couple years removed from being the most dominant shut-down man-to-man corner. Someone will pay him big.

5. dram1

dram1 Member

if he plays for the min yes...otherwise...pass. He can't even move to safety. Texans got the better player two years ago with Joseph.

6. smr6

smr6 Member

If only our main man Cap R0om decided to retire from the Rockets and sign a deal with the Texans.

Then we would actually be able to have topics like this that are possible.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

A source tells ProFootballTalk.com that free agent Nnamdi Asomugha's potential destinations include the Texans, 49ers, Broncos and Cardinals

8. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

His work ethic is terrible and his hip fluidity is gone. Once someone burns him he can't turn and close in on the chase. He doesn't even play physical anymore, If you're going to get burned then at least beat up on the WR to disrupt play timing in order to have a chance at affecting the play.

9. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

For what? To play the nickel? Too expensive, I'd rather pay McCain what he wants

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Sign Nnamdi, move 25 to safety?

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This would be a great move and would solve out nickel problem as well. Nnamdi to FS. Win-win for both sides.

12. Anxiety Trooper

I'd sign him at the right price. Eagles played to much zone and his strength was always man coverage which wade runs exclusively

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If you watched him play he gets burned in man coverage all the time too.

He is done

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This is what I'd expect, and it was not be a bad move at all. Remember, many fans wanted this instead of signing Joseph. We could end up in that scenario, except with Joseph and Manning, too.

I wonder if we could sign Maluaga (he's a a free agent, right), too and let Barwin walk, and build the O in the Draft.

15. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Malauga sucks.

16. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

I would love Nnamdi here. I envision them switching him and Kareem at CB and safety. I wouldn't be opposed to cutting Manning to sign Reed or Woodson to go with Nnamdi. This is a dream scenario that would be awesome to come true.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

follow the rules newb...Castor has set up a really good thing...and its been quite effective...

18. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Wouldn't even want him and if I did very unrealistic. Rick Smith isn't exactly known for overpaying aging declining big names coming off of a horrible season and an injury, haha.

There are some other secondary players out there who the Texans could conceivably go after, but would imagine Texans just build some depth through draft.

19. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

Aso was put in the wrong scheme. Wade loves his man to man defense, and Aso would fit right in. Reed and Woodson are older than Aso too

20. SacTown

SacTown Member

Yes, he's still a top 5 cover corner in the league.