1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nintendo Switch Consoles in stock?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RunninRaven, May 14, 2020.

1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone have any inside track on Nintendo Switches that might be in stock somewhere? I'm not willing to pay the exorbitant prices for the refurbished ones online. So I've been checking to see if any are in stock at local places. No luck. I was hoping there were some Gamestop employees here that might know a good day/time when to check for any that would come in. Much thanks in advance!

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Comes with Super Julio Bros?

rockbox, Eric Riley, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Deckard likes this.
  6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

If you click on any of the actual consoles (not the lite) and try to buy it says item unavailable. And I can't find a store that says it has it available for store pickup. Are you saying that you have seen it in a Gamestop store?

Nintendo has shut down production during the pandemic which is why the shortage.

Deckard likes this.
  7. Xerobull

https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.ph...e[]=53&forumchoice[]=30&q=nintendo+switch&r=1

I got an email this morning that it was available from Costco. I see the gamestop stock coming in and out.

They're out there. You just have to look.

8. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Not that I don’t appreciate the condescension, but I have been checking online pretty much every day. I called and talked to several GameStop’s and got the same story. Nobody has any for 100 miles. They think they will start getting shipments again soon, but have no idea when. And to be more clear, I’m not looking for the Lite. I’ve seen that those are available in some places. I wanted to get the full system.

9. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

This was helpful. Thank you. I wasn't aware of the slick deals website. I created some kind of alert like you described on Walmart.com, but couldn't find anyone else that did anything like this. Didn't know there were 3rd parties that did. Hopefully it will alert me to one nearby soon. Thanks.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man..... I should have just bought up the Nintendos and flipped them!! Haha, not serious, I knew there was a shortage but didn't know how crazy the scalpers were. I hope you find one!

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, this site is great if you make an account can make all kinds of alerts. It's a pretty great site for finding deals and finding stuff in stock. The issue is you'll start buying all kinds of stuff. I basically check it regularly though, really good site for just about anything. I will search this site to see if I can find a better deal just about any time I'm buying something.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Xerobull likes this.
  13. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  14. SuraGotMadHops

Picked one up from Target (Memorial City location) last week. They only had a special edition so the controller colors were pastel but I didn't care. Been Mario Karting and hitting up the online library of NES and SNES games.

Anybody have any good game recs?

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

That's actually a pretty rare version of the console, so congrats!

What do you typically like to play?

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  16. SuraGotMadHops

Super Smash Bros is on my wish list, I like Mario games, beat em ups, sports games. I also find myself spending more time playing the old school stuff than the new stuff lol

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All the mario games are great so you can't go wrong. Odyssey is fantastic, just so much fun. Mario Deluxe is a great throw back game since it's your classic side scroller. They released Galaxy/Sunshine/Mario 64 set recently. If you haven't played Galaxy it is also phenomenal and worth it.

Zelda is obviously worth it and i'm not particularly a Zelda game guy.

I would also highly recommend the ZenGrip. https://www.satisfye.com/products/zengrip-pro. It's worth its weight in gold.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  18. Xerobull

@Juxtaposed Jolt thanks for the heads up. I was toying with the idea of getting a second switch for my wife to play Animal Crossing with our son, but we are probably going to donate most of our Christmas shopping budget to charity this year.

I want to add in that Mario + Rabbids is very good. It's a turn-based squad strategy game like X-Com or Company of Heroes with the Mario magic and Rabbids humor. I've been playing it here and there for the last few weeks and have really enjoyed it.

Deckard likes this.
  19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You mentioned being a fan of Mario, the best one on Switch imo is Mario Maker 2.
    It's the classic side-scrolling like in the Gameboy and NES/SNES days (it even has the respective graphics for each, so it's a nostalgia train). There's a campaign with a lot of levels, but the best feature is being able to create and share worlds online, so you can either be creative yourself or download thousands of worlds others have created, some are extremely creative and turn it kinda into a shooter etc

So you'll never really run out of content, plus you can also play it coop with up to three other friends which adds a lot of fun and creativity.

If you're into rpgs, also try Dragon Quest XI, Fire Emblem: Three Houses or Xenoblade Chronicles, plus the Final Fantasy stuff. There's also Dragon Quest Builders 2, which is a Minecraft+RPG mixture that plays really well.

Xerobull and SuraGotMadHops like this.