1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nikki Haley has $52,000 curtains.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Sep 14, 2018.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

They don't think it is impartial, just that is absolute truth.

You can't read analysis and there be no bias. It simply isn't possible, and we accept that.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

"Fair and Balanced".

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's different than impartial. One can be partial and still be fair. And balanced? well that may be trickier for Fox News at any rate ;-)

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You tried.

peleincubus likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

hey, to the extent that Fox News tries to supply some "balance", meaning as a counterbalance to the 'mainstream' media, they provide balance.

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

we don't have television, so the only time I see Fox News is sitting in a diner or a McDonald's somewhere. I'm relying on hearsay and second hand reports. ;)

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

OK, you do the same thing, find a retraction and an apology from a fraction (say, a few dozen, which would be a small fraction) of the phony "news" made up by Fox and post them here. Go ahead. Good luck.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except that it isn't about political bias it's about dishonest and poor journalism. The people who support FOX NEWS aren't under the impression they are being told lies or mislead. There have been studies about which news channel loyalists were the worst about what they believed they knew considering political affairs.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It isn't about whether they overpaid for the curtains, but if high end curtains are really necessary.

Buying a Faberge Egg for $30M might be completely reasonable, but I don't see why the government needs it.

10. TheresTheDagger

Since you didn't bother to try to refute my post, I'll take that as an acceptance by you that the leftist media outlets (specifically the NYT in this case) makes **** up and then "retracts" it to save face. Except its always mistakes slanted one way isn't it?

Meanwhile, your response is a textbook case of "whataboutism" and I have zero inclination to respond.

11. biina

biina Member

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fair
    Definition of fair

1a : marked by impartiality and honesty : free from self-interest, prejudice, or favoritism

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So you can't do it. I'm not surprised, and your response is typical down here. There isn't a reasonable comparison between the two sources of news. One is highly respected, the New York Times, and one is clearly the "propaganda arm" of the Republican Party, and has been for many years now, long before mr. trump arrived on the scene and started his assault on our national institutions, with the help of the current version of the KGB, Putin's former bailiwick. I find it difficult to believe that you even attempt to equate the Times and Fox as respected news sources. It's absurd. At least I don't have a problem with your basketball takes. I may not always agree with them, but they aren't biased, extremist made up bullshit. Not you, ordinarily, but Fox, and the lies also spewed out of trump's mouth day after day after day. With all due respect.

14. cml750

cml750 Member

There is no such thing as impartial news these days.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Fox News no longer uses the “Fair and Balanced” tag line. That left with Roger Ailes. They are no longer hiding their biases.

16. Exiled

Exiled Member

I have a 5000$ Canadian annual educational allowance,was told I could buy phone, tablet etc with it if I wanted to ,another 10k$ relocation expenses that would be written off if I work for 2 years , it would be better if they cut income taxes instead of giving unecessery freebies

17. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Forgive me if I find your cries of unfair "hit pieces" against conservatives to be hollow. The same body of people that consistently use fear to mislead the uneducated public against scary black people, rapists and drug dealer (their actual words by the way) brown people, and terrorist Muslims.

FranchiseBlade likes this.