1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nicolò Melli

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Vivi, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Another Euro guy to keep an eye on for this summer, Morey was attending a game in Germany a couple of weeks ago fwiw. If i'm not wrong @Deuce posted a pick of Morey attending the game now that i think about it...

6'9'' (maybe 10'' in the nba) PF, solid defender, can guard bigger guys to some degree (in Europe he also plays the 5, not sure he can do it in the nba but if Harrell does...), very good catch and shoot and good defensive rebounder.

He's nothing special on offense, you cannot expect him to be a 1 on 1 scorer, but he can do pretty much everything at an ok/good level, he can post up and he can punish a missmatch against smaller players, but he can also stop and pop, he has good handling and court vision for a big man. Decent athlete.

The guy is also smart, hard worker and basically the opposite of Gentile in terms of personality (if this can help you having a better idea).

Seems like Rockets, Spurs, Jazz, Heat, Suns, Nets and Knicks were all teams attending Bamberg games recently.

#1 Vivi, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Clutch, Deuce and HTX Ninja like this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think basketballholic mentioned Morey's interest in this guy not so very long ago. Worth keeping an eye on, even if a GM can have interest in this, that, or the other player and seldom snag him.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, definitely. Small to zero chances he's coming to Houston all things considered as today (we have a lot of players in the spot, a lot of teams will have at least MLE money to put on the table), still thought to post this since on paper this guy should be a pretty good fit here, and it looks like this summer a lot of Euro players will look to come in the nba (aside for Llull -__-)...we'll see, maybe MDA can help a bit due to the italian connection if the Rockets are really interested in going after him.

Little Bit likes this.
  4. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

You know I think it was some other European big man with a similar name and I think he plays in Germany.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Could be our Toni Kukoc

Rocket River