1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Wright Reveals What Clippers Announcer Really Wants to Say: I Just Don't Like James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Apr 5, 2019.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

MVP
    [​IMG]

Houstunna likes this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

And there's one commonality between the people that started every. single. one. of those threads.

SamFisher, RayRay10 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol..I was about to post that.

Don also got into a feud with Byron Scott.

What for?

He called Byron out for...get this.....NOT letting D'Angelo Russel hog the ball and basically go all ISO and let him do his thing. (Oh the irony)

Byron's response was something to the effect of...thats why Don is not coaching lulz.

Don Mac was a scrub that thinks he was/is much better than the real him.

Imagine abusing substance and still being a scrub.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, but it's not as funny when you remember that those comments by MacLean were made at the same time Harden and his teammates were playing some astounding team ball, with crisp passes to the open man time and time again, or beautiful lobs to Capela over and over. The way they've created this video makes it seem like MacLean actually had a valid point when anyone watching the game would have been struck by how inane his comments were at the time.

#44 topfive, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Deuce, Voltik, SamFisher and 6 others like this.
  5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

NBA wants an idol follow up to MJ, Kobe, LeBron.
    Harden isn't as suitable due to his personality. It's debatable if the Greek Freak is any more suited.
    Ultimately it is a business, they want the face of the entire franchise to attract more ppl to watch and buy tickets.

Handles likes this.
  6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's why they have Steph.

AvgJoe likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and that night Lou had 11 FTAs compared to Harden's 12 FTAs

D-rock, cbs1507 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced that Don MacLean may have actually helped Harden's MVP bid.

His comments have finally pushed this Harden-hatred issue to the foreground, instead of it being a barely acknowledged subtext of NBA discussions. Before this, those same types of idiotic, unfounded comments about Harden's game seemed to be given some kind of unspoken legitimacy, as if they were well-reasoned and had substance. MacLean's hatred of Harden is so over-the-top that people other than Rockets fans actually noticed how crazy that line of thinking is.

Now with it being discussed openly on national sports shows, some of the Giannis crowd might actually have reason to question their purposely ignoring the single most incredible offensive year anyone has put up since the Wilt era while willing his team to a high seed, and instead preferring a garden-variety excellent year from a front-runner.

Deuce, D-rock, BaselineFade and 7 others like this.
  9. photojoe

photojoe Member

Good point and I agree. The thing is, his comments weren't just inane at the time- they are inane period.
    It is really baffling and quite stupid that this kind of narrative has become so prominent when talking about Harden's game and the ridiculous accomplishments he is doing.

topfive and hakeem94 like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep...btw the hate and dissing he gets is much greater accomplishment than winning the mvp... harden is a genius revolutionary...

SamFisher likes this.
  11. Nero

Nero Member

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Clutch and BaselineFade like this.
  13. today

today Contributing Member

Amen Brother!

BaselineFade likes this.
  14. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Has anyone here EVER seen a foul called when he does this?? I've never seen it called but its HIS space creator and yet I never hear any b****ing about it. I guess he "plays the right way" whatever that stupid shiit means

BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

"He played 10 years in the NBA and was a knock-down shooter." Really, Chris Carter?

MacLean isn't in the top 250 all-time in FG% and was never in the top 10 during any year he played. In fact, he was never ranked higher than #34 in any year he played. And he never averaged higher than .316 from 3 in a season where he took at least 7 attempts.

I watched him play and MacLean was an above-average shooter who rebounded well during his first couple of years, but otherwise couldn't do anything else of value on the court, and evidently needed steroids to accomplish even that much. The dude was a hack player who became a hack announcer.

My best guess for his Harden hatred is that he's still salty over the Rockets waiving his ass after acquiring him as part of the big trade for Steve Francis.

16. s3ts

s3ts Member

I've lost respect for Morey on that front as well. I don't think Morey speaking it makes what Nick saying more right.

Sorry, I just don't think there's much of an argument to be made for Lebron being better than MJ. Maybe, on rebounds. But that's overrating rebounds too much at that point. Or defensive clutch-ness? Okay, but it's not like he's secured multiple championships with clutch defense either...

I'd also point out, Lebron going around and playing part-GM of every franchise he touches is the biggest key to his championships. If you want to argue that, I'd just shrug my shoulders. That's a big generational difference that makes the debate very difficult.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I sure af hope so.

And I guess you're one of the lucky ones. I don't even remember this scrub at all.

topfive likes this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

I used to follow UCLA basketball pretty closely. MacLean was one of those great college players who wasn't able to do a whole lot in the pros.

19. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we saw yao get called for offensive fouls left and right doing the same thing, and harden as well -- they put a quick stop to him ever playing bullyball in the post in any game

Rock Block and hakeem94 like this.