1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nice heave, Steve

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 25, 2001.

1. Sphere

Sphere Member

Actually that last shot by Francis was blocked, it wasn't that bad a shot. Of course a few freethrow misses towards the end hurt worse.

------------------

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I had a fantastic view of the last shot, and I can tell you that it was a completely clean block. Francis was not touched. He had his shot blocked. I was only seven rows away, and I was paying close attention. It was a dumb shot, and it had a dumb result.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

By the way, Clutch, that is a perfect headline.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Missed free throws. Blown lay-ups. Shots forced too soon, with 3-5 seconds left on the clock. Rox had their chances. It's disappointing to watch old habits surface. I hope Hakeem's return will turn this around. It's probably too late to think playoffs anymore, but to finish strong would be nice.

------------------

5. alaskansnowman

You can't really blame MO for this one. Ruben Patterson lowered his shoulder and charged right into Mo. That should have definately been an offensive foul on Patterson. That's what gave Patterson the space to make that shot... because he bumped Mo off with his shoulder. But for the most part Mo did stay with him, and he had his arms up and everything... Patterson made a tough shot.

------------------
    PrEsident of The Danforth Langhford FAN CLUB... He IS our future All-Star Small Forward

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Steve was upset to learn that Maryland made it to the final four without him.

------------------

7. University Blue

Why? Houston needs a player who can perform in crucial situations.

Besides, Morris will still be on the boards when Houston selects.

University (Is that a tank or are you a hummer?) Blue

------------------
    "You drift into the strangest dreams. Of youthful follies and changing teams. Admit you're wrong, oh, no, not yet. Then you wake up and remember that you can't forget."

Forever PSB

8. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

ZRB,
    I hate to say it, but it seems the Rocks do better when you start your pessimistic rants! [​IMG] Its all your fault!!

Btw, how serious is Stevie's ankle injury. Obviously not serious enought to stop him from playing, but is it visibly affecting his game?

Azim da Dream

------------------
    There's a very fine line between genius and madness.

http://www.clutchtown.com

9. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

You know Azim, you're right. Every time I overreact in the first quarter, the Rockets come back to make me eat crow. Maybe I should start ranting again.

I promise, if the Rockets fall behind by 20 to the Jazz, I'll go "Turn". [​IMG]

------------------

10. today

today Contributing Member

Come on guys, I know everyone is frustrated, but let's not give up hope. After all, these are the Houston Rockets who make the unbelievable believable. Believe. First Round vs. the poor foul shooting Spurs in a short 5 game series, with Hakeem and history on our side... Believe.

------------------
    "You couldn't have stuck a pin up his @#! with a jackhammer. Yeah, I'd say he was pretty tight."
    -- Barkley on Minnesota's Chris Carr(thx RocksMillenium)after he missed a game winning free-throw.

11. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Gotta get there first.

------------------

12. Gascon

Gascon Member

Everyone, stop blaming the officials. It's our own fault that our season has come down to a few blown calls and missed opportunities. I'm as sick about it as anyone...I've had to eat a lot of crow the past three games to fans of other teams...but I'm not blaming the lousy officials. If you find yourself bleeding in the middle of the desert, there's no point in blaming the buzzards for trying to feed. You have to wonder how you got there in the first place.

Gascon

------------------
    "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another which states that this has already happened."

Douglas Adams

13. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Lets quit breaking Steve's balls. We all know that this is the type of game that Francis will win for us in 1-2 yrs. He is only a SECOND year player. MJ and all the rest of the greats did not carry their team the first 3-4 years. Give him a break. This is a YOUNG team that has to learn. Anyone remember how $hitty it was to lose to Seattle in the playoffs over and over? This is just a learning experience and we will win these types of games soon enough. Mobley and Steve havent even been to the playoffs. What do you guys expect? We need to get the crap off of our team (Cato,Shandon,Langhi) and get some veterans in free agency. We will be on top before you know it. As for this year I still believe that we can win out the season and make the playoffs.

I STILL BELIEVE!!!

------------------
    Go Rockets!!!
    SS

14. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

Uhh, The Cat has been to playoffs. He played in the series against the Lakers where we lost 3-1.

------------------
    Rockets Season
    Ticket Holder

15. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Gascon-
    I totally agree with you! Blaming officials is just looking for excuses. Yeah we have gotten some bad calls but if you play well for the 1st 47 minutes the officials shouldn't be able to screw anything up in the final minute.

16. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Good catch Cato13. But did he even play in that series? I dont remember him getting much playing time at all. You know what I meant. Neither Steve or Cuttino have been an important part of a playoff team and decided the series outcome. We just need a little more experience and some veteran role players.

I STILL BELIEVE!!!

------------------
    Go Rockets!!!
    SS

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Cuttino eventually became the starting point guard his rookie year.

In the 4 playoff games, Mobley played 94 minutes (~23 per game).

------------------

[This message has been edited by bobrek (edited March 26, 2001).]

18. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Steve's shot was brutal. In fact he was played like crap the entire game. But at the end of the day, there's alot of blame to go around for the loss. Steve isn't the only one who played poorly.

------------------
    I'm about to boldly go where many men have gone before.