1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Wild Card Weekend

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 3, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Saturday, January 9th
    Kansas City at Houston 3:35pm ESPN
    PIttsburgh at Cincinnati 7:15pm CBS

Sunday, January 10th
    Seattle at Minnesota 12:05pm NBC
    Green Bay at Washington 3:40pm FOX

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Saturday afternoon, smh.

I thought the NFC and AFC would alternate games though. Can't remember the last time a conference had both its games on the same day.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Surprised me too

Rocket River

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm glad they did that. Always created a small unfair advantage, I thought, if one team ended up getting 1 less day or 1 more day to prepare for the divisional round.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So I'm assuming this means that 2nd Round AFC games will also be Saturday, January 16?

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

At New England at Arizona Saturday.
    At Carolina and then at Denver Sunday.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Saturday [team] at New England
    Sunday [team] at Denver

8. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

The second round is really the week both conference games should be played on the same day, since the winners will be playing each other the following week.

Wildcard round doesn't matter as much because the winners of that round do not play each other, instead, they play another team on a bye-week.

1 person likes this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash">#Bengals</a> have officially ruled QB Andy Dalton out for Saturday's wild-card round game vs. Pittsburgh. <a href="https://t.co/yYLkdRUYg5">pic.twitter.com/yYLkdRUYg5</a></p>&mdash; Coley Harvey (@ColeyHarvey) <a href="https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey/status/685502010200723456">January 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

It will be 10am local time for the Seahawks on Sunday. I always figured living in the west coast sucks for football watching. The games start at 10am on Sunday and Monday football starts at 530 when people are still at work or in traffic

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

NFL Playoff SEEDING and RE-SEEDING Gurus, please write in who plays where in any case combination:

Who plays @ New England and who plays @ Denver?

If Texans and Bengals win: ??
    If Texans and Pittsburgh win: ??

If KC and Bengals win: ??
    If KC and Pittsburgh win: ??

:confused: Still wondering about this, what with the seeding, and such...
    Help.

From Wikipedia:

12. Major

Major Member

It's simple. After each round, the lowest and highest seeded teams play each other. So Denver will play the lowest seeded remaining after this weekend. New England will play the other.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yessir, I gotcha. I thought so, too, from that description saying that we are "re-seeded."

I contend that Texans will not possibly play the NE Patriots but until the AFC Championship if anything. Of course, I am confidence we will meet ANYONE in the AFC Championship. :)

14. Major

Major Member

Texans would play the Patriots next week if the Steelers beat the Bengals (and Texans beat KC).

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Am I the only one pulling for Washington to beat GB? Just so tired of hearing about the Packers and how great Aaron Rodgers is.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Kirk Cousins was better than Aaron Rodgers this year... but its going to take more than one sub-par season from Rodgers to get him off the radar.

I'm sure most other team's fans feel the same way about Watt... despite him having stellar seasons nearly every year.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Easiest way to look at it: The result of the #3 vs. #6 game determines everything. If #6 wins, they go to #1. If #3 wins, they go to #2. In the AFC, it's Steelers (3) at Bengals (6).

If the Steelers win, Chiefs/Texans winner goes to NE (2). If the Bengals win, Chiefs/Texans winner goes to Denver (1)

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

History can be made Saturday night.

If The Steelers prevail, Marvin Lewis becomes the first head coach to go 0-7 in his playoff appearances, and the Steelers win their 34th playoff game, which would break the record for most playoff wins in NFL history.

Then we have the interesting parallel between the 93 Oilers / Chiefs playoff game and the 15 Texans / Chiefs playoff game.

The Oilers came into that game on a large winning streak to end the season, just as the Chiefs now enter this playoff game on a large winning streak (10 games in a row).

The Chiefs led by Joe Montana of course prevailed, and Kansas City has not won a playoff game since.

20. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Last time Cincinnati won a playoff game was January 1991 versus oilers. KC last won in January 1994 versus oilers. That was the game that basically killed the oilers in Houston.