1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Wild Card Weekend

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Dec 28, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Saturday, January 3<sup>rd</sup>
    Arizona at Carolina 3:35pm ESPN
    Baltimore at Pittsburgh 7:15pm NBC

Sunday, January 4<sup>th</sup>
    Cincinnati at Indianapolis 12:05pm CBS
    Detroit at Dallas 3:40pm FOX

2. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Pittsburgh better hope Bell can heal up. They're a darkhorse team for me. I feel like they're the only team in the AFC that can go into Foxborough and lay a beating on Brady and the Patriots.

Suh had a dirty play today. I believe it was intentional - and yes you have to base it off of his prior actions. I don't think he'll be suspended though just because there's not enough evidence.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Guessing Dalton, Lewis & the Bengals exit the wild card round for the fourth consecutive season. :p

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed with PIT. Denver just seems like it's missing something, to be able to compete for the AFC spot in the superbowl. Their offense is worse than last year, and their defense hasn't improved too much, either.

In looking at the replay on the Suh/Rodgers thing, Suh stepped on Rodgers with his right foot, came off him, and then stepped back with his left foot, and then lifted his right foot so that all his weight would be on his left foot. Definitely intentional. Don't think Suh cared who it was, as long as it was a Packer.

Their offense just looks bad. Dalton just isn't a dependable QB in the postseason.

5. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Yep, and Suh didn't even react to Rodgers hitting him lol. His acting has gotten a lot better. Dude is such a dirty player. Hope he's suspended but I'm hoping the Lions beat the Cowboys for the Packers' sake.

For some reason, I see Cincy winning this game. You would be a fool to bet on Dalton against Luck, but I see this game coming down to Cincy relying on the run game where Indy has been weak. They have improved after getting gashed against NE, but it's still suspect to me. I don't think they can hang against a legit run game and a two-headed monster in Hill/Gio. They're also looking to get revenge after getting shutout earlier this season.

6. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Teams that are looking good heading into the playoffs from these games are The Cowboys, Steelers, Panthers.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

A few years ago, the Bengals were crushed by on the road by the Jets the last game of the season and met them the following week at home in the Wild Card round.

They lost again.

It's not a matter of being foolish on Dalton vs. Luck. What's foolish is betting on Dalton. Period. The guy just never delivers the goods when the spotlight is on. Plus, AJ Green's concussion could keep him out of the game.

That all said, the Colts are just weak and maybe the unexpected happens. I doubt it very much.

Carolina should beat Arizona and Dallas should beat Detroit unless they massively choke. Those two games are easy to call.

If Bell isn't 100%, Steelers will have a rough time. But if he's OK, they should handle the Ravens.

This is the first time I can remember where all 4 home teams are obvious calls in the Wild Card round.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

New England doesn't want to face either Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

They'd honestly rather play Denver.

9. Beavis Stiffler

This is a first time that a NFL playoff game will be on cable TV instead of regular network TV. I'm guessing if you live in the local markets of Phoenix, AZ and Charlotte, NC, you can watch Cardinals-Panthers game on local TV station. It's the same thing that happens with some games being on NFL Network and also the Texans-Steelers MNF game.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Since there's no offseason thread:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just saw Lev Bell at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Steelers?src=hash">#Steelers</a> facility. Can barely walk</p>&mdash; Dale Lolley (@dlolleyor) <a href="https://twitter.com/dlolleyor/status/549613667164377090">December 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cousins explained if there is no QB competition, there's no point. Although he would approach it as 16 games until free agency <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redskins?src=hash">#Redskins</a></p>&mdash; Dianna Marie Russini (@NBCdianna) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCdianna/status/549609860103675904">December 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Extremely low chance of it happening, but imagine if Carolina beats both GB and SEA on their home fields, makes it to the big game, and wins it.

First time in history a sub .500 team wins the superbowl?

I think GB is still undefeated at home, and SEA has gone...X-1? X-2?

12. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

I agree. Dalton is horrible in primetime. Marvin Lewis also sucks in big games. But for some reason, this game just has a feel to me where Cincy pulls off an upset. They have been playing slightly better as of late and the Colts have been in a spunk offensively. They have been a much different team since losing Bradshaw. Wayne also got hurt last game so his effectiveness may be limited. With no run game and having to solely rely on Luck, I just don't think it's clear cut that the Colts win or even streamroll the Bengals. Maybe I'm just giving the Bengals too much credit.

Baltimore does have NE's number in the playoffs but they've been horrible as of late and their defense is not like it was before. I think momentum is a huge factor heading into the playoffs and the Ravens are trending downward.

I just hope we get to see an exciting wildcard weekend because I'm not really looking forward to any of these games.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Not good for the Steelers:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just saw Lev Bell at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Steelers?src=hash">#Steelers</a> facility. Can barely walk</p>&mdash; Dale Lolley (@dlolleyor) <a href="https://twitter.com/dlolleyor/status/549613667164377090">December 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

My Picks
    CAROLINA
    PITTSBURG [home team . .it is a pick em for me]
    INDIE [cannot go with Gingerbread]
    Detroit [ Cannot go with Dallas]

Rocket River

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If Bell is done for the year, I want the Steelers to lose (forgive me b4l and other Steelers fans) because they will just be easy fodder for the Broncos. Let the Ravens win and have a chance against the Pats. No way Cincy or Indy go to Foxboro and win.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Panthers
    Steelers
    Bengals
    Cowboys

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Suh suspended one game

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Can't believe Panthers get a pass by facing the depleted Cards. Pathetic.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Wow Suh. This is going to cost hm some contract money too.

20. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

He is? I didn't think NFL players were paid for playoff games.