1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 7

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by RoxSqaud, Oct 22, 2010.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

They didn't show up, they threw up all over themselves for 4 quarters, and became the only team this season to allow the Cowboys to pick up a swagger. Some folks try to give Dallas credit...but they were the same sloppy team they've been every week. We refused to make them pay for it.

I pin it firmly (FIRMLY) on the offense. The defense was fine for the first quarter and a half, but momentum finally shifted and they were slaughtered in the third and fourth quarters.

The Texans can't keep giving away 2-3 games a season by mailing it in with garbage intensity and still think they'll make the playoffs. It cost them last year and it'll cost them this year. Take care of business if you want to play in January.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Romo's injury really hurts my Yahoo fantasy league that I have been doing great in. Not only do I lose the only QB I had on my roster, I also have Miles Austin who you have to figure is worse off with Kitna instead of Romo.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Romo was my only QB too.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Who is #43 of the Dallas defense? Homeboy missed so many tackles, arm-tackled, and couldn't stop anyone who got past the linebackers. :eek:

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I picked up Carson Palmer to replace him. Thinking about picking up Henne as well.

6. Lil Pun

Sensabaugh probably. I remember him, Ball, Scandrick and especially Jenkins were supposed to make a pretty formidable defensive backfield. Jenkins was being compared to some good cornerbacks in the league too. OVER-RATED!!! In fact, I think Michael Wilbon said it best about the Cowboys earlier this year: everything from their draft to pre-season expectations to in season doings has been overrated for the past 15 years.

7. Lil Pun

Waivers don't clear in my league until Thursday. I have a claim on Palmer and Fitzpatrick.

8. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

LMAO...

FOCK!!! Well, the season is officially over...Here's to getting the #1 pick....Again, it's not just Romo, the secondary is horrible, so is the O-Line and of course the coaching...it seems like nobody could tackle last night, cover or make a play...

on the bright side, if you ever wanted to see the new cowboy stadium, this would be the perfect time...

10. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

One thing I noticed about the Giants last night...they have some big ass offensive and defensive linemen. They were bigger than the Dallas players. That is a tough team to stop when they start their train rolling. Give them all the credit. They kicked the Cowboys' butts all the way to China and back. The only issue I see with the Giants is just putting it all together for four quarters. They had some lapses by Manning and the defense at times. I think the Giants knew they had the game won at some point and eased up...but I didn't see most of the fourth quarter and the two TDs from Kitna to Dez Bryant. I saw that Brooking apparently picked off a pass to set one of those up. Color me shocked as Brooking has been bad this year and dropped many possible INTs.

I would not be surprised to see the Giants the only ones left standing when it is all over. When they are playing their game, they can destroy anybody. They are a smart football team that started slow but really came around.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That defense is r****dedly scary.

They eat quarterbacks for dinner.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Since I've been watching football it has always seemed like the Giants are bigger than other teams, maybe its the name. they always seem to play that brand of football, tough hard nosed games

14. plates300

plates300 Member

I am so jealous of their defensive line and their defense in general. They were blowing up Dallas's o-line every single play. r****ded good defense. The sack that injured Romo was straight nasty.

15. Lil Pun

The Giants defense has looked good but that team still has the capability to just fall apart in any given game.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member