1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 6

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Oct 16, 2010.

1. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Makes sense.

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

FO_DougFarrar Update to this - Yahoo! Sports has learned that the NFL is investigating ESPN's complicity in the Jeff Fisher timeout story

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i still can't believe i didn't start him or maclin. :(

5. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Well, that window is shut now unfortunately.

I expect the Titans to butt-rape the Eagles.

Then Kolb goes back to being Most Valuable (Benched) Player in the league.

The only way Kolb is worth a start this week is if you reckon that the Titans run D, which is good, will force Kolb to throw it a ton. So, he'll get lots of yards, but lots of INTs too. I expect 300 yards with 3 picks and 2 tds tops in a rather one-sided game.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

that's what everyone was saying about the falcons too.

7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

True.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Increases the risk of your head Snapping back.
    Sounds like it moves the risk from the receiver to the hitter

So instead of Receivers with concussions we have DBs with them
    and that is somehow betteR?

Rocket River

9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

No, it doesn't increase the risk of concussion, it slows down the player and adds more surface area to the hit, thereby decreasing the chances for a concussion. Not to mention the fact that it decreases the likelihood of an accidental helmet to helmet collision, since the player must see what he's hitting/follow-through properly.

If you give yourself a concussion or break your neck by making a poor-form tackle (slamming yourself face first into someone, which is *not the same as* tackling someone with your head up), that's your own dumb fault and pretty much natural selection at work.

#329 DonnyMost, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Why do you draw the conclusion that the Titans will manhandle the Eagles?

Their run defense is better than average but not great (13th in the league). The Eagles already throw a ton, they're a 60/40 team. Out of 381 offense plays this year, the Eagles have passed on 221 of those. So whether the run is there or not, the Eagles will still probably throw it a lot.

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I'm guessing that the average YPC of those pass plays is probably in the bottom 25% of the NFL.

I just can't see the short pass/screen game working against the Titans. I consider those virtually run plays, at least the way the Eagles utilize them.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

which is why i went sanchez/royal. in fairness, i would've gone sanchez regardless, but maclin would've won my game for me. :mad:

13. Lil Pun

Actually, the Eagles are 3rd in the NFL in YPA and 6th in YPC.

The passing game has worked against the Titans this year too. The defense is ranked 27th in the pass and has allowed 3 of their last 4 opponents to pass for 300+ yards per game.

I'm not saying the Eagles will win outright but I don't expect them to be manhandled if they do lose.

14. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

wtf!

ok, well, you make a strong case.

i will continue to restrain my emotional attachment to the outcome of this game though :eek:

15. rockets934life

Not an Eagles fan but do follow them because of DJax being on my fantasy team and those fools are a big play team. I'll be in the minority on this but the Titan "D" is vastly overrated IMHO. They rush the passer but their secondary gives up tons of yards and are only average at stopping the run. They are doing what New Orleans did last year which is sack the QB, create turnovers and bend but don't break.

16. Lil Pun

To be fair though, the Titans do have Chris Johnson and just as the Titans are average on run, the Eagles are worse (23rd). So each of these teams defensive weakness is facing the opponents offensive strengths.

17. rockets934life

True that, just found it interesting how all the talking heads went nuts over the Titan defense after they killed a bad offensive team in Jax. Titans played a darn good game but Jax couldn't exploit the Titans weakness which teams like the Eagles, Colts and Texans can do. The other side of the ball is a different story, Titans should be fine with CJ running the ball and Vince looked strong on the opening series and has rebounded well after the benching.