1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 6

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Oct 16, 2010.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

College loyalty is strong with me my friend. Can you figure out where I went?

I enjoy the NFL as a whole, but haven't been connected to a houston team since the Oilers. I like those guys Warren Moon, Ernest Givens. It wasn't that fun watching the Texans til recently. The Oilers always screwed up spectacularly but they were always good.

I didn't join this board for the NFL anyways.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

man you take your love for houston to another level. what if your kid grew up in another city and then you moved back to houston and he hated it, you disown him? *******.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I just don't understand the College loyalty thing at all.

I go to UH, I don't give a **** about anybody else there. They're all dumbasses as far as I'm concerned. I just want my worthless piece of paper so I can at least get a job sorting tiny screws in space.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Why are you assuming I eat a Chick-Fil-A?

These streets are mean, you know how many deer run across the roads here?

Aren't you a Raiders fan? I assume you follow them cause you grew up watching them cause nobody is a Raider's fan by choice in Houston

the only reason why all those people in houston wore Raiders caps is because of NWA and Ice Cube, not Bo Jackson or Kenny Stabler

99er

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Alright, I can't do this anymore.

Nobody is Fatty, nobody should even try. Certainly not me.

I'm going to grab a smoke and forget this ever happened.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

well college rivalry has been around for along time and has it's traditions.

ohio state vs michigan, duke vs north carolina, ut vs oklahoma,
    etc

UH has some tradition too, they did produce some heisman winners and once had an elite basketball program

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

No one will admit to it. They were lucky he just happen to go to that team. It was the perfect dream scenario.

Let's just say if he was the second quarterback selected, we would be showing lots of Cardinal games here in Houston.

1 person likes this.
  8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

AFC South = the best division in the NFL this season?

Collins leading the t*** again. They had a good game against the Jags...who are playing winning football too.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Jeff Fisher keeps them good year in and year out.

So anyone thing CJ is looking a little slow this year? He sure had a lot of carries last year, it might be having an effect. Javon Ringer looked like he had more burst.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The AFC south has been the best division for quite some time.

It is 6 game above .500 and the next best division is 1 game above .500 as a whole. The numbers are slightly skewed because of games played and divisional games played but most years in recent history have shown there are no easy weeks in the AFC South.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

When we signed him I thought we overpaid for him based on his last season in Houston. IHe has been okay but he hasn't made any plays. He's still not worth what we paid for him. He really hasn't been tested a whole lot since we have faced a lot of mediocre QB's. A lot of Falcon fans fill we overpaid for him even some who agreed with the signing at the time is frustrated with him.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Thanks for pointing out that Kolb did more damage than Drew Brees!

Karl knocked you all the way from 13th to 25th. Ouch.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

The key to the Brees thing was we kept him off of the field. We had a 10 minute drive in the 2nd qt. Brees and that offense hasn't looked as good this year.

If Desean Jackson didn't get hurt Kolb would have made us look even worse.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Vince haters out in full force again I see:

Through today:

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Attempts / Attempts per game

1) Vick: 96 / 24.0
    2) Manning: 254 / 42.3
    3) Rivers: 220 / 36.7
    4) Fitzpatrick: 85 / 28.3
    5) Young: 101 / 16.8
    6) Brady: 166 / 33.2
    7) Kolb: 105 / 26.2
    8) Brees: 231 / 28.5
    9) Orton: 247 / 41.2
    10) Romo: 206 / 41.2

Pretty easy to be the belle of the QB rating ball when your D and stud CUSA RB are carrying your sorry ass.

(Kidding aside, Vince has played a lot better this year, I'm impressed, hope he's healthy for the Texans game)

16. conquistador#11

The best part of that monday night game was the spoof of Hard knocks, soft knocks and coach Fisher going full barney stinson mode wanting to play laser tag! If Fisher coached another team, he would be my favorite coach.

And everything has to go back to VY doesn't it? No real credit is given to those who scout and coach the D line. Jason freaking Babin..ugh I want to throw up.

17. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

It's because you went to U of H. :grin:

Hook Em.

VY Just Wins.

Titans > Texans

and go rockets

18. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Are you attributing last night's win to VY's performance? Suggesting his presence alone after getting injured had some impact on the game?

Common man. I'm a UT alum and appreciate all he's done for the school.. but this makes no sense. They've got a great team/defense, regardless if its VY or any other token QB behind center.

19. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Any fantasy owners who were burned by CJ's last min TD has ESPN to thank.

Jeff Fisher: ESPN asked coaches to take timeouts late on Monday night

One of the biggest reasons why a weak Monday Night Football game can out-rate game three of the ALCS in New York: Fantasy football.

While Cliff Lee was dealing, fantasy owners across the country were hoping to squeeze a few more points out of Chris Johnson and Maurice Jones-Drew. Johnson's owners prayers were answered when Johnson broke free for a 35-yard touchdown on fourth down with under two minutes remaining.

That led to some (silly) questions about why Johnson was still in the game. Why were the Titans still trying to score?

Titans coach Jeff Fisher indicated that it was largely ESPN's fault. The network still needed more television timeouts and apparently asked both coaching staffs to take timeouts late.

"Jack used his timeouts," Fisher said after the game via Terry McCormick of Titans Insider. "My understanding is they needed network timeouts, and that's why Jack used his timeouts. They came over and asked me to do it, but I said, 'I was hoping to get a first down and kneel on it.'"

Of course, you can also thank Del Rio for actually listening. Fisher was happy to end the game at 23-3, but Del Rio didn't let him.

"It's the first time I've heard of it," Fisher said about a network request for timeouts. "I just said I would have a hard time using them, because I'm ahead. Honestly, I have no issues with Jack or how he managed the end of that game. It's just what it was, and I don't think he would have an issue with me handing the ball off."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...antasy-owners-should-thank-espn-jack-del-rio/

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

ok, that's just crappy. slippery slopes....