1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 6

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I feel so embarrassed.

Moes you were right, Merriman is only good when on roids. Weddle is overrated and LT is over the hill.

It hurts to say it, but it's true.

Are window closed in 2006.

I hope we trade Rivers along with Sproles and Gates to the Vikings next year or something because this team is going downhill fast.

2. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

3. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Actually the core can still be fruitful.

Franchise QB
    Good receivers
    Good Special teams

Need to improve:
    D-line
    O-line
    Running back (larry johnson?)

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I was on rant mode. :mad:

5. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Everybody but the Chargers coaching staff seems to know LT is done (even LT).

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

People still not believe Broncos are a great team, but they are beating good teams, after the bye week (next week) they are going to play two important games vs Baltimore and Pittsburgh. I think they can beat both.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dumervil will be better...

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Can't wait for the Favre Circus to make it's way to Heinz Field.......

As I have pointed out countless times: Favre can't really play in the cold weather anymore so this game should be interesting. Early forecast for next Sunday: 40 degrees and rainy. It should be nice to see those silenced Favre haters crawl out from beneath their rocks for a week.

9. Landlord Landry

err...I really wanted to pile on your 12-4 SB favorites "prediction"

but you are taking it well. very humble.

welcome, my friend, to the terrible fanhood of the AFC west.

10. Landlord Landry

have you seen LJ run in the past two years? 2 yrds and a cloud of dust.

he got his big payday and then shut it down.

he's an over worked horse and on the wrong side of 30.

sucks....because that year and a half glimpse he gave us was unlike any RB I have EVER seen. far beyond what Sanders, Peyton, Cambell or Peterson has shown, maybe even Dickerson...but again....it was less than 2 full seasons. UGH...

Larry Johnson could have been something REALLY special but he was his own worst enemy.

11. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

You are out your damn mind. Denver will not have any success in the playoffs (read one game and out). Mark my words.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hehe. I like this. Keep doubting the Broncos. This was how ESPN treated the Rox last year, I like.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OK, I will. Orton will eventually turn back into a pumpkin. Just a matter of time. Unless they collapse, the Broncos should finish at least 11-5 and will contend for a 1st round bye. But I don't consider them a Super Bowl contender. If I had to choose between them collapsing and going to the Super Bowl, I would choose collapse. 6-0 is a historic start but it's a long season.

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well in fairness, Elvis is only 5'11" which is not desirable height for a defensive lineman. He has always been fast and great on the edge and putting him as a linebacker (although he really is a defensive end) was a stroke of genius. He along with DJ Williams, Andra Davis, Champ, and of course Dawkins have really led that defense.

15. Manny Ramirez

Yes! Thank you! I thought I was going crazy when I appeared to be the only Broncos fan that was in favor of Shanahan being let go by Pat Bowlen. But like you said, Shanahan had no clue about defense going through defensive coordinators like they were toilet paper and his drafts were getting dumber and dumber. I knew he had lost it when he drafted that turd sandwich Clarett that one season. It is like he became so arrogant and thought he was bullet-proof that it didn't matter what he did, he would ALWAYS be the coach for the Broncos. Well seeing them start off 6-0 WITHOUT him in charge has been one of the sweetest things I have ever experienced as a sports fan. Where are all the Shanahan supporters now?

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

San Diego sucks! How do you give up a kick-off return and a punt return for TDs in the same game? What a joke.

17. Manny Ramirez

Sorry for the 3rd post in a row, but...

Well, I don't know what else they can do. The Broncos keep playing hard no matter who is on the other side. I read somewhere where it was said that if it was the Chiefs or Redskins that they were playing, that the Broncos would still prepare for them like they would if it was the Patriots, Saints, Chargers, etc.

Look last night was the first NFL game I have watched this entire season! There was no one who was a bigger doubter about the Broncos than me and I have been a fan of theirs since the early '80s. What this Broncos team has that others did not is a defense. I have never seen a Broncos team that blitzed and tackled the way this one did last night. I mean they were flat out getting after people! Dumervil has been a monster but so has DJ Williams and Andra Davis. The secondary has been outstanding and the defensive line is so unsung. It really has been a complete team effort on the defensive side of the ball. Of course having guys like Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins don't hurt, either. I cannot stop glowing about Dawkins - what a special player he is! Eagles fans were extremely lucky to have him for as long as they did. They were comparing him to Ronnie Lott before the game started and I don't think that comparison is that off-base. Dawkins has really helped this defense and is a BIG reason why they are playing so well. But we saw how the McDaniels system is that when a key player gets hurt, someone else steps up and they are able to survive. When Dawkins hurt his hamstring, they brought in his backup, the rookie McBath, and they were able to hang in there. It is this philosophy that will help the Broncos be alright if they do suffer some injuries.

And I know that A_3PO doesn't think too much of him but Kyle Orton has been an outstanding fit in the McDaniels system. It is becoming more and more obvious that the McDaniels system needs a steady QB, not a flashy one. Cutler for all of his obvious talents does not have the maturity to be a QB that will utilize ball control. He has to show off his arm and throw the deep passes (he would really be better off with the Raiders since Al Davis loves the vertical passing game so much). Orton never does anything that beats himself - you got to love that about him. Moreno and Buckhalter have been a great tandem so far at RB (and have stayed healthy which was a problem for Broncos RBs last season) and the receivers are excellent in Marshall and Royal as well as 3rd man Stokeley. If Brandon Marshall can just keep his emotions in check, there is little he can't do. And Scheffler has become an absolute beast - he along with Daniel Graham could be the 2 best TEs on one team in the league.

Now with me getting hooked, watch me get disappointed again. And even if they drop the next 2 (which is very possible), I do feel that the Broncos are in excellent shape to be at least a wildcard. I want to see how they do against the Ravens and Steelers first before deciding if they really are a legit Super Bowl contender.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I agree with this.

As I said earlier, that Broncos offense seems to be more ball control right now than anything, with Orton managing the game.

If the Defense can keep playing inspired football (and they sure as hell have) and not put Orton in situations where he needs to win games, then you've got something.

Honestly I am shocked at how good the Denver defense suddenly has become, Mike Nolan running the 3-4 with Dumervil at OLB was a stroke of genius.

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The Broncos have that early season feeling of darkhorse Super Bowl contender. The Jets were the same way last year, except the Broncos aren't riding on Brett Favre's arm. They are by far the most impressive team in the league this year based on expectations.

20. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

Is Titans' Fisher on the way out?

One year after finishing with an NFL-best 13-3 record, the Titans plummeted to 0-6 with the worst defeat since owner Bud Adams founded the team in 1960. Coaching is a big part of the problem, said the 86-year-old Adams, who made no promises about Jeff Fisher's future with the franchise beyond this season. (The Tennessean) Comment

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/morning-jolt/10/20/tuesday.10.20/index.html