1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 2

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Some good match-ups this week. I'll be paying attention to the following games:

Baltimore at Cincinnati

Chicago at Dallas

Philadelphia at Detroit (of course)

Houston at Washington

New England at New York Jets

New Orleans at San Francisco

Anybody else already tired of the "Manning Bowl II" hype? Sheesh!

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

BAL over CIN

CHI over DAL

PHI over DET

HOU over WASH

NE over NYJ

NOLA over SF

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Baltimore at Cincinnati

Chicago at Dallas

Philadelphia at Detroit (of course)

Houston at Washington

New England at New York Jets

New Orleans at San Francisco

4. Asian Sensation

Lil Pun-

We all know how much you love to ask questions so I've got some for you.

What do you think of the Kolb vs. Vick situation?

Is there a QB controversy?

Who do you prefer as the starting QB between the two and who's the popular choice in Philly (I know you don't live in Philly so maybe other Eagles fans choice in general)?

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I listed to NFL radio on Sirius.

Yes, Philly fan is calling for Vick.

6. Lil Pun

I always thought that Vick would end up getting more reps than Kolb but I didn't think it would happen this soon. Vick showed during the preseason flashes of his former self as he was an electrifying runner and a mediocre passer. In the first week of the season Vick was great at doing both things and if not for a fumble here and a horrible play call there he may have brought them back to get the W (the uproar would be even bigger then). If he continues to be that good, then I don't see how you keep him off the field but Vick is not known as an accurate passer and the Eagles offense almost demands such.

I have never been high on Kolb. He has never shown me anything that proves he is a full-time starter in the NFL. People often point to his two games last season but I have refuted those several times already not to mention he looked horrible this preseason and in the first game. Honestly, I don't think there is any way you give Kolb the starting job over McNabb without him winning that position. Kolb, in my opinion only, will end up being a back up quarterback. I hope I am wrong but I just don't see him being anything more than that.

That said, Kolb is the starter and will be the starter when healthy. Why? The Eagles have too much invested in him. They traded away the franchise QB within the division, he was a second round pick, gave Kolb a nice salary upgrade, etc. They'll make and keep him the starter for a while now, they just better realize Vick is in the final year of his contract and work that accordingly.

I don't think there is one, yet. Kolb is the starter when healthy and that is that. If Kolb is out multiple weeks, and he might be with how serious the NFL takes concussions, and Vick continues to flourish as the starting QB while Kolb is out and then Kolb comes back and continues to play like he has as the starter, how can there not be a controversy?

I'd prefer Vick. As I said, I am not very high on Kolb. Vick gives you your best chance to win, especially with this unstable offensive line and the best blocking back now out for the season. Vick is elusive and quick while Kolb looks like he has absolutely no pocket presence whatsoever. I don't think Vick is the long term answer, his skills don't suit this offensive set but right now between him, Kolb and Kafka, he gives you the best chance for the win.

From what I have seen, heard and read it seems almost split down the middle between the fans, maybe Vick has a slight edge I'd say 55-45.

7. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

Washinghton better be SCARED. Real Effin Scared. :cool:

8. Lil Pun

Both Kolb and Bradley failed their concussion tests.

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Hoping the Vikings can beat Miami.

C'mon Favre.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When Vick dove trying to get a TD, that'll get the fans on your side more than anything

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I'm sorry, Mr. President. :eek:

12. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

.....I don't really like Vick as a person....he was amazing to watch and I believe he still has a highlight real of sick plays left in him.

and a couple dumb plays too...

13. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

14. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

other than seeing the Texans beat the native Americans, I really want to see the NE v Jets game.

15. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Well we have Hill at QB this weekend because it seen like Stafford just can't stay healthy. I was down about it and thought we had no chance to beat the Eagles till I looked up Hill stats 23 Tds to only 12 picks in 20 games and 10-6 as a started not too bad.So I can see us winning this game if Hill plays well.

16. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

I'm thinking about taking the over on the Bengals vs Ravens game at 40 pts. What ya'll think? Just for recreational purposes of course. =)

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Wow, Redskins only a 3 point under dog to the Texans.

this game will be scary.

18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Hmm. Man, that's tough. Ravens offense looked kinda crappy, of course that was against the Jets. I just dint have any kind of confidence in Flacco yet. And I'm not sure if the Bengals will be able to score on the Ravens.

19. Lil Pun

The Bengals have a better quarterback, running back and wide receivers than the Jets. I would expect Gresham to at least be on Keller's level at the end of the season. The only thing the Jets have that is better than the Bengals is the offensive line. I think the Bengals will be OK versus the Ravens.

20. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

the bengals have a chance, because the ravens secondary is weak. if the o-line can protect carson, should have a field day.