1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 12

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Nov 22, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry kiddo, you can't successfully troll me, your shtick is just way too obvious.

2. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

college football is killing the nfl in tv ratings because the refs in the nfl make it about themselves too much. If the refs do not like a player they can easily call any set of flags to keep or kill a drive. Then you have the fake injuries, bad coaching, scripted games. The nfl should be played on saturdays, and college football on sundays

3. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

he didnt lack talent when he kicked the texans ass as a rookie. Osweiler is trash, you put brisett on that broncos team with those elite wideouts and he would be dynamite

4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

funny people make it seem like carson wentz is the mvp, when he is not even playing playing better than dak was last year

5. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

I'll you what, find me a link starting 2016( daks first year) to now which shows the cowboys oline was rated number 1 overall lol... the raiders and titans oline was better last year by every advanced stat

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he still lacked talent. Did Tim Tebow lack talent when his team beat the Steelers in the playoffs? Of course he did. Again, I know your shtick and I think it's funny but it's just not going to work

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...fensive-lines-look-to-keep-dominating-in-2017

PFF ranked the Cowboys O line #2 due to Tyron Smith missing some time due to injury.

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

This sign is brilliant.

whozee, craigharmann and ghettocheeze like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

That is indeed brilliant. Says it all with no words.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

is it me or does the NFL just suck this year. outside the kneeling controversy the level of play is lacking. a lot of teams with mediocre or bad records playing each other.

RocketsTruth and craigharmann like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Nope. College ball has been much more entertaining.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

what happened to the chiefs. So much for Alex "elite QB" smith

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

It is bad and I would say the NBA is worse. So many NBA teams punting next few years because they don't want to try and compete with the warriors.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

You are not alone. First, politics and sports are a loser, a big loser. Mixing the two could be the demise of the NFL and the NBA. Besides that, in the NFL, most of the marquee stars are hurt and missing. In the NBA, most teams appear to be going through the motions because they have no chance to compete in the playoffs. Essentially the league has conceded to the GS Warriors and to make it worse, their coach and players are really disliked around the league with few exceptions. And remember this, "working class" people have been the base of pro sports. They save up all year to buy tickets and sports junk. They don't like lectures from elitist players and coaches.

14. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

The nba is far more exciting than the nfl. It almost feels like black qbs in the NFL especially if they are a heel have to go through hell to get a win.

Just today the refs were trying to screw the Panthers so that when brees lost to the rams and Goff the saints would still be in first place in the NFL south. The NFL is heavily pushing Goff and wentz as the next manning and Brady. And they are getting put over by the refs on a lot of teams with big name qbs

The nfl is also trying to bring a market to l.a. to overtake the mls and nba market. With no luck, these injuries to kam chanchelor and sherman were about making it easy on goff the 2nd time they play and also to beat wilson in the link

15. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Only the warriors bring politics to the nba and they aren't even the best team in the West right now

The nfl is a joke. Only in the NFL can a qb suck in college and be all world in the pros

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The NBA is better than ever this year. Rockets look like they could give the Warriors a run for their money. OKc despite struggling were supposed to also gun for the Warriors. In the east, there are at least up and coming teams like the sixers and pistons. Furthermore ratings are up 15% over last year. Your perception of the NBA being boring and unexciting is not shared by the country.

17. Buck Turgidson

...and our resident bigoted P.O.S. has weighed in on the subject. Great.

At least he's not blaming things on the jews or the freemasons or whoever crawls around in his addled brain.

18. Major

Major Member

And yet you still watch every week. Seems like the evil people that run the NFL have you wrapped around their finger.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There is really no comparison between the two right now. The NFL clearly has long term problems that may not be fixable. Tilman Fertitta's remarks about the NFL when he bought the Rockets were dead on. All of the NFL's problems can't be explained away by the national anthem issues.

The NBA is doing quite well now. Not sure that's even debatable. For me as an individual, obviously the Rockets have my attention. However, my general interest in the NBA is higher this season than last.

whozee likes this.
  20. solid

solid Contributing Member

I never said the NBA was boring and unexciting, but there is the perception out there that it is a one team race. This narrative is being promoted by the "sports talk" shows. Attendance is still good, but the league needs to get more competitive and quick. The Rockets are helping. In regard to GS, the dynasties of the NBA past had players with national appeal. The GS players are generally disliked perhaps with the exception of ClayThompson.