1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Schedules are out for Fall

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Dream34, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

The NFL Schedules are out for the upcoming season. I already have October 7 and November 12 circled on my calendar. Bring on the Ravens. I can't wait to unleash Kevin Carter and Jevon Kerse on Mr. Elvis Gurbach. There is a little bit of unfinished business that we need settle with Baltimore.

Opening week will be fun as well. Playing the Dolphins on ESPN.

Mo,
    You should be happy the Titans and Raiders will be playing on ABC on Saturday December 22. Should be a great game.

Titans have 2 Monday night games (although I can not believe that they have us playing the Steelers on Monday night. Come on they could have easily picked Tampa Bay or Minn but the Steelers??? Go figure.), one Sunday night ESPN game and one Saturday ABC game. That's not counting the other games that may be broadcast nationally. I think Titans and Tampa Bay should also be a fun game.

Damn. Bring on the football season!!! This should be fun!!!!!

PRESEASON

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV
    Sat., Aug. 11 CHICAGO 7 p.m. WKRN (Nashville)
    Fri., Aug. 17 @ St. Louis 7 p.m. FOX
    Thurs., Aug. 23 PHILADELPHIA 7 p.m. CBS
    Thurs., Aug. 30 @ Detroit 6 p.m. WKRN (Nashville)

REGULAR SEASON

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV
    Sun, Sept. 9 MIAMI 7:30 p.m. ESPN
    Sun, Sept. 16 CINCINNATI 12 p.m. CBS
    Sun, Sept. 23 @ Jacksonville 12 p.m. CBS
    Sun, Sept. 30 BYE
    Sun., Oct. 7 @ Baltimore 12 p.m. CBS
    Sun., Oct. 14 TAMPA BAY 12 p.m. FOX
    Sun, Oct. 21 @ Detroit 12 p.m. CBS
    Mon., Oct. 29 @ Pittsburgh 8 p.m. ABC
    Sun., Nov. 4 JACKSONVILLE 12 p.m. CBS
    Mon., Nov. 12 BALTIMORE 8 p.m. ABC
    Sun, Nov. 18 @ Cincinnati 12 p.m. CBS
    Sun., Nov. 25 PITTSBURGH 12 p.m. CBS
    Sun, Dec. 2 @ Cleveland 12 p.m. CBS
    Sun, Dec. 9 @ Minnesota 12 p.m. CBS
    Sun., Dec. 16 GREEN BAY 3:15 p.m. FOX
    Sat., Dec. 22 @ Oakland 8 p.m. ABC
    Sun, Dec. 30 CLEVELAND 12 p.m. CBS

POSTSEASON

January 5-6 Wild Card Weekend
    January 12-13 Divisional Playoffs
    January 20 Conference Championships
    January 27 Super Bowl XXXVI, New Orleans, Louisiana
    February 3 AFC/NFC Pro Bowl, Honolulu, Hawaii

------------------
    Titan's fanatic!!!!

Counting down the days till January 27, 2002 (Superbowl 36 in New Orleans).

[This message has been edited by Dream34 (edited April 12, 2001).]

2. Ric@HPF

Ric@HPF Member

hey, how are the nashville predators doing this year?

------------------
    Ric
    http://www.houstonprofootball.com

3. PhiSlammaJamma

'Damn.' quoth the ravem, 'those Titans kicked my *ss. twice'

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

And Mike Munchak will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

------------------
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."-
    (Aldous Huxley)

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Why dont we just join together and whip the Ravens asses [​IMG] ? . The Raiders have a hard schedule this year , But Im not just a Raider fan because They did good last year .

------------------
    http://bbs.babitze.com

6. Dream34

Mo,
    I am with you all the way my friend. I think both our teams have a little bit of unfinished business we need to settle with the Ravens. Something about taking a little extra dig at each of our respective QBs. In your case doing a belly flop right on top of Gannon. In my case I still remember that punk Lewis drilling McNair into the ground. Both were cheap shots... Well I am sure both of our teams have forgotten about that. Yeah right...

I know you are a true Raider fan. Never questioned that for a second. Wish your team all the best with the exception of a certain December 22 game and in the event that we meet in the playoffs.

Are you as exicited about this upcoming season?

Ric@HPF,
    Don't know anything about the Predators. I really do not follow hockey.

Bobfin*:
    Which team is your favorite again? Is it the Patriots or my I getting you confused with DeanBCurtis?

------------------
    Titan's fanatic!!!!

7. Ric@HPF

Ric@HPF Member

my bad. i figured, as titan fans, you'd also be up to speed on the rest of the nashville sports scene.

------------------
    Ric
    http://www.houstonprofootball.com

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The only thing working for the Raiders is that we play The NFC Central , Cowboys , Cardinals , thats should be 2 wins , Then theres the Giants and the Eagles .

We have to play Denver on Monday Night (Again) BUT , this time its in Oak-town . Thats right Denver , Im still coming after you , Well Al's little deal with you Shanahan is done now , And He proabably has told Gruden to beat the Broncos this year or I'll axe you . Oh crap Denver what the hell is your weak Defense gonna do when Charlie Garner blows right past Romonowski and has nothing to deal with but your "Oragami" Defensive Backs . Then all Tim Brown has to do is wait in the middle of the field to run all over your asses . Of course Mike will have the refs on his side of course , Penalty flags will be flyin because Jr. Got his pants wet after Trace Armstrong knocks him on his ass .What are you gonna do then? Run the ball at us with a 10 year old picked out of the audience , because all your RB's are out for the season all ready? I'm looking forward to The Raiders avenging This year , the curse will be broken .

And the NFL prediction thread will be coming after the draft .

------------------

[This message has been edited by moestavern19 (edited April 13, 2001).]

9. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Titans and Raiders will be a massive game. Thanks for pointing this out.

Moe, who do you think the Raiders will draft in round 1? Al Davis is one of the best at concealing his hand. Any ideas?

The only thing I know for certain is kaufman retiring meaning we'll probably sign Garner which would be great.

Moestavern- Remember we can lose to the broncos twice and still win the division. Don't worry about one team, worry about the league. However, we always lose to Broncos, nothing more sweet than beating them down.

Do you visit Otto, S&B, RFM, Morning Star...any of these boards?

------------------
    Draftsource.net

10. Dream34

Steve_Francis_rules,
    The Titans are playing the Bucs this year? That sucks, who am I supposed to root for when my two favorite teams play?
    ---------------------------------------------
    That's an easy one. The Titan's of course! [​IMG]

What a defensive game that should be.... Two teams that are very much mirror images of each other. I am glad it is at Tenn. and not Tampa Bay.

Moe,
    Bring on that prediction thread.

------------------
    Titan's fanatic!!!!

11. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Dream34,

I am a Titan fan for 1 more year. Then I jump ship to the Houston Texan's. I would love to see the Titans win it all (that would make up for some of the pain this franchise has caused me through the years)

------------------
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."-
    (Aldous Huxley)

12. Frank Black

Frank Black Member

Go Saints! 3 Nationally televised games!? WOW!

------------------
    "...just because a clever person can complicate the discussion about the truth doesn't necessarily mean he or she is making any progress in finding it."

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If Heap slides that far we will probably draft him , But The Saints will probably get him . Many of the experts say The Raiders need to draft Drew Bress for insurance

------------------

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Im Good arent I ? [​IMG] [​IMG] WHOHOOO!!! Here we go now baby!

Raiders Sign Free Agent RB Charlie Garner

The Oakland Raiders have signed free agent running back Charlie Garner. The 5-9, 190-pound Garner went to the Pro Bowl this past season after posting his second straight 1,000-yard rushing season (1,142 yards, 4.4 average, seven touchdowns) and adding 68 receptions for 647 yards and three touchdowns for the San Francisco 49ers.

“I am very excited to make this announcement,” said Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden. “He’s an outstanding football player, a very productive back. He’s versatile and he’s tough. He can play here, there and anywhere on the football field.”

Garner, 29, has played in 98 league games with 47 starts and has accounted for 6,376 yards rushing (4,632 yards, 4.7 average, 28 touchdowns) and receiving (1,744 yards, 8.8 average, five touchdowns) in seven NFL seasons since entering the NFL as a second round draft choice of the Philadelphia Eagles in 1994. NOTE: Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden was offensive coordinator for Philadelphia from 1995-97 while Garner was a member of the Eagles.

He spent the past two seasons with the 49ers, during which time he has not missed a game and has amassed 3,553 yards rushing and receiving. Only three other NFL players—Marshall Faulk, 4,618; Edgerrin James, 4,442 and Eddie George, 3,553— have gained more combined yards than Garner in those two seasons.

Garner signs his Raiders contract in the Hall of Fame Room at the team’s Alameda, Calif., facility.

“I always had the Raiders in my mind,” Garner said. “This is a great deal for me. We are going to do some great things here.”

Last year with San Francisco, whom he signed with in 1999 as a free agent, Garner set a team record with 201 yards on a career-high 36 carries against Dallas. Garner’s 4.7-yard average in 1997 ranked third in the NFC and his 5.2-yard average in 1996 led the Eagles and was among the top five in the NFL for that year.

In 1995, Garner’s 5.4-yard average per carry led all NFL ball carriers with at least 100 rushing attempts and recorded his career-long run, a 55-yarder against Washington. As a rookie in 1994, Garner became only the seventh player in NFL history to rush for 100 yards in each of his first two league games, gaining 111 yards on 16 carries with two touchdowns versus San Francisco, then following up that performance with 122 yards on 22 carries versus Washington.

The Fairfax, Virginia native was named Virginia Player of the Year as a senior after rushing for over 2,000 yards with 38 touchdowns as a senior at Jeb Stuart High in his hometown. Garner spent two seasons at Scottsdale Junior College before transferring to the University of Tennessee, where he led the Volunteers in rushing for each of his two seasons there, including posting 1,161 yards as a senior in 1993.

------------------

15. Steve_Francis_rules

The Titans are playing the Bucs this year? That sucks, who am I supposed to root for when my two favorite teams play? [​IMG]

------------------

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member