1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL probing Patriots' possible use of deflated balls during AFC Championship

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tallanvor, Jan 19, 2015.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Villains gotta Vil, and Cheaters gotta Cheat...

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am sure that this decision sends the right message to the youth.

3. Indaface

Indaface Member

People in life the past few years have gotten away with much more than deflating footballs.

I don't like the Pats but i'm glad to see Goodell finally having to eat a dick for all his make up punishments.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not much luck for Goodell in the courts.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Roger Goodell's suspensions have a history of being reduced after external review. <a href="http://t.co/qLlLZjJH1y">pic.twitter.com/qLlLZjJH1y</a></p>&mdash; NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/639455807206199296">September 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#724 J.R., Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, and Sammy Sosa should have played in the NFL...

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The evidence against Brady was weak at best. The only thing we know is that he likes his ball in the low end and that he was pissed that the balls were pumped up to above maximum in one regular season game. He may have cheated, but to hand out punish based on weak evidence is a bad precedent and I'm glad goodell got his ass handed to him.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why did they go the restroom to do it? Brady cheated and got off.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Did Brady go to the restroom?

9. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Patriots will lead the league in phantom holding penalties and offensive pass interference. Mark my words...and good riddance.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Kinda doubt that is the only thing they have on him.

I can accept the fact Goodell overstepped his legal bounds here, I can also accept the fact there's no smoking gun on Brady, but I think it's pretty clear to everybody that 1) he knew what was going on 2) what was going on was against the rules and 3) it's very likely it was done by his request.

#3 is probably what they couldn't get solid evidence of (hello electronic paper trail), so Brady walks.

Goodell and the NFL are enormous turds, but Brady is no saint here and doesn't need pity, sympathy, or defense.

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I totally called this last night. D Smith is just a great union president. The owners and players have a CBA and Goodell just doesn't follow the rules that were collectively bargained.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

CHEATriots are teflon

Almost Every 'Championship' has an Asterick

[​IMG]

Rocket River

13. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Overturning the suspension was the right thing to do (even though Brady is guilty). Goodell is scum. He really needs to go....too bad that ain't happening any time soon.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NFL and Commisioner Roger Goodell have issued the following statement on the Deflategate decision. <a href="http://t.co/d9ZVubDj9F">pic.twitter.com/d9ZVubDj9F</a></p>&mdash; NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/639472501773463552">September 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

The NFL and Goodell look like giant scumbags. Just embarrassing. McNair shouldn't comment especially when he supported Cushing's overtrained athletes syndrome nonsense.

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

McNair didn't say anything terrible. Most in the NFL believe the Pats are shady, but Goodell still has to follow the rules established by the CBA.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

McNair's comments were actually spot on. Both sides made a small issue into an enormous dust up. And JJ will cure cancer by flipping a tire.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The owners hate the Patriots, I assume they were the ones wanting Goodell to take them down. McNair seems indifferent towards NE.

19. TheresTheDagger

Not even close to being over. NFL already filing an appeal, although I admit it's gonna be an uphill battle to reverse this decision.

In my mind though, I think this hurts Brady's reputaion more in the long run than if he had just accepted the punishment and stayed quiet. The majority of people will always look at him as the guy who got away with it now and lied to cover it up.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Dont forget Clemens