1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Mar 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

remember like 3 yrs ago when the NFC west was the laughing stock of the league. the seahawks made the playoffs at 7-9.

what a turn around. parity is what continues to make the NFL awesome...things can change so fast.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The 49ers are going to be so good next year. Have all their draft picks and are adding players via their big cap room AND have added a big time receiver.

Goodness.

What do they even draft? If I'm them I probably try to get an explosive playermaker in the first as most of their receivers are possession types. Imagine a guy like Austin in the slot with Crabtree, Boldin and Davis on the field. Yikes.

Team is going to be so explosive. If they have a good draft this year they could really set themselves up big time.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

And all this in a season where the Texans travel to SF....great! Haha.

No, but seriously, that team is going to be sick to watch. And think of this....they still have enough draft picks to throw together a package for Darelle Revis. Yikes.

4. justtxyank

I doubt they go after Revis though if the Jets want a big package in exchange. They'd probably be happy to sign Nnamdi and go to war with that.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Be interested in knowing what sort of payout I'd get to pick Chiefs to make playoffs next season.

6. justtxyank

Chiefs are loading up their secondary, though I'm not sure that Dunta has much left.

7. Major

Major Member

I think Alex Smith is going to work out phenomenally well there with Andy Reid as the coach.

8. MadMax

I do too...and they will have favorable schedule given how bad their record was this last season.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh wow, y'all agree about something? Crazy.

10. MadMax

You realize your signature is just a tad shorter than "War and Peace," right?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Major comes in to agree in 3... 2...

12. MadMax

Holy crap...Falcons just signed Steven Jackson

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow. Boston sports talk radio guys are pissed about Welker being go e and his replacement.

14. justtxyank

FWIW, reports out today are that Amendola agreed to his deal with the Pats before Welker signed with Broncos. Seems like that divorce was in stone.

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

As a niners fan, I hope you're right... however the team has huge holes in the secondary (even before Goldson left). With what little cap space they have left, I'm hoping they somehow either managed to sign Ed reed or maybe Nhanmdi... or get lucky in the draft at both Safety and CB.

Seahawks are going to be scary next year... adding Avrill for more pass rushing as well as Harvin.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Jackson is a good fit for Atlanta. I hope he still has something left, I've always felt bad for him, his entire career has been wasted thus far. He would have consistently been in the conversation as the top RB in the league if he was on a good team.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i like turner better than jackson, i mean jackson is a workhorse and someone was saying that he is a workout warrior, i respect him as a professional but i still like turner the burner as more explosive

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Turner explosive? yes two years ago.

As for last year he was terrible.

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

This... Turner avg 3.6 yards per carry last season... while "workhorse" Jackson avg 4.1 yards behind a terrible Rams line and offense.