1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Mar 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Major

Major Member

I'm assuming the $11.1 million was a part of the guaranteed amount.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Manning joining the Texans would be the unstoppable force meets the immovable object.

Manning: I like to throw to more than 1 wide receiver
    Kubiak: More than one? You throw to the SECOND WR? The one that blocks?

1 person likes this.
  3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'd make the same assumption. Still pretty good bank for him, though with his concussion problems he may need it.

4. Major

Major Member

Interesting that the Patriots signed Amendola for basically the same annual cost as Welker got, but for more years. Given Amendola's inability to stay healthy, and Welker's proven performance, it's hard to see the Patriots offering less to Welker - which might mean he just left out of spite.

5. justtxyank

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...amendola-a-lot-more-than-they-offered-welker/

6. juicystream

I'd rather have Amendola.

I do think Welker did leave in part due to hard feelings. Amendola is only guaranteed $10M

7. Major

Major Member

For me, with Welker, you know you're going to get someone who ends the season in the top 10 in yardage (barring injury). Even if Amendola were to stay healthy, it's hard for me to see him doing that - or if he did, outperforming that by very much. Given that's so much uncertainty there and you know exactly what you have with Welker, that's a hard leap for me to take.

But from the article justtxyank posted, I agree with both of you that it sounds like feelings on both sides probably affected the decision making.

8. juicystream

I see Amendola as nothing more than a younger, bigger version of Welker. I also am investing into controlling him for 5 years. There is certainly risk involved with injury and production (look at Lloyd this year).

9. Major

Major Member

Maybe Tom Brady just always needs to have a white Texas Tech receiver.

10. juicystream

Or maybe thats the problem. Welker never won a title...

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not sure I'd rather have Amendola over Welker but Amendola is a hell of a player. He'll miss time with injury though.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Amendola will fit great in the offense I think, but I due think it's unfair that he will be making more than Welker with his career high just being 600 yards while Welker has had the best stats over the last 5 years than any receiver in the NFL.

13. Raven

Raven Member

So Welker joins Manning in Denver.

Great, just f ing great.

:(

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. 713

713 Member

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Didn't know they were serious about Ed Reed but he'd play opposite of Landry. They definitely bring different skills to the table.

17. justtxyank

Welker was unique in that he didn't get hurt a lot despite being small and catching a ton of passes over the middle. Amendola actually shows you how special Welker was. He goes over the middle a lot and gets hurt because of it.

18. lostfan815

lostfan815 Member

Seahawks and 49ers DOIN WORK! Now Nnamdi Asomugha is going to visit 49ers. Lol its like their taking turns making moves. Go Seahawks..that's my 2nd favorite team..since i lived there when i was little!

I'm Glad all teams in the division doing stuff..makes things exciting for that division.

19. lostfan815

lostfan815 Member

As for Amendola or Welker? I think Amendola is a better player if he wasn't so injure prone. I think he's skills are better and younger but he cant stay on the field.