1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Fines Galore

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Major, Oct 29, 2001.

1. Major

Major Member

http://msn.espn.go.com/nfl/news/2001/1028/1270421.html

<I>
    DENVER -- Bryan Cox was irate and vowed to retaliate.

Hobbling on an injured lower right leg which he insisted was broken, the New England Patriots linebacker spared no words in describing an incident in the third quarter that sidelined him the remainder of Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos.

Cox said he went down on a cut block by Denver offensive guard Dan Neil.

<B>"I was cut on purpose," he said. "I think it was a cheap shot because I was in a no-cut zone.</B> There is a cut zone 3 yards on either side of the ball in the tight end-to-tackle box. I was outside the tackle box. He cut me from behind. I couldn't see him coming.

"In my opinion it was a cowardly block. They teach that sort of stuff over here.

"I'm sure they're going to come back and say, `Oh, well, it was from the side.' "

Cox, an 11-year veteran, promised to get even.

"I don't care if it takes the rest of my career," he said. "<B>If I ever play football again and I play against that guy, he's going to have a blown-out knee.</B> And I don't care who knows it. He does that sort of thing all the time."

As Cox was assisted from the field, he exchanged words with Neil.

"He had the audacity to ask me if I am OK. I am not OK," Cox said. "It's the same leg I broke before. I know it's broken."

Neil declined comment on the matter.

Last week, Broncos offensive tackle Matt Lepsis was fined $15,000 for a low block that left San Diego defensive lineman Maa Tanuvasa with a broken left ankle.

Cox also was involved in a strange play late in the second quarter. Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi intercepted a tipped pass but fumbled trying to return it. Broncos quarterback Brian Griese appeared to have recovered, but gave up the ball when he was hit by Cox. Safety Matt Stevens ultimately recovered.

<B>"He (Griese) kicked an official,"</B> Cox said. "If it was another player that kicked a referee, he would have probably got tossed out of the game."

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan, however, said he was informed by the officials that Griese kicked Cox.

<B>TV replay appeared to show that Griese tried to kick Cox but missed, striking the official.</B>

"I grabbed the ball and it slid down between my legs," Griese said. <B>"They were grabbing me. I can't say where.</B>

<B>"Maybe if they were grabbing what they were, you would have kicked him, too."</B>
    </I>

There should be fines/suspensions galore for this.

Cox should be fined for threatening another player.

Neil, if it was a cheapshot, should be fined for that.

Griese should be fined trying to kick players and actually kicking an official.

Come on, if you do it, at least DON'T ADMIT TO IT! :)

2. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

If people only knew what goes in a dogpile.

Warning: Stay away from Bill Romanowski, or you will speak in Soprano the rest of your life.:D

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

That's the Broncos for you , They are all a bunch of Ass Kissing , Ref Bribing , Cheating , Cheap Shot Artists , Miserable excuses for football players , And I cant wait until next week when the Raiders finally kick the living horse-**** out of them . :mad:

4. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Yada...yada...yada...the raida's blow chunks.....:mad:

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Talk is cheap, moe. How many times has Shanny beat DUH RAIDUHS?? And don't go there about cheap shot artists. Hell, your team had the biggest cheap shot artist of all-time in Jack Tatum. He's a fine human being, isn't he?

6. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

LMAO! A Rai-ers fan talking about cheap shots. Give me a break. I'm gonna love when we make it 14 out of 15 straight against you losers on national tv.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah Well Shanahan cant have the Refs over at his house the night before the game this time , The game is in OAKLAND , AND ITS AT NIGHT WHEN ALL THE WACKOS COME OUT . The Boy-Child Griese will **** his pants if he has to get within 10 feet of the black hole , You wont have Ed McCaffrey to run those stupid little fall down and draw the pass interference routes anymore , If we lose again it has to be because Al Davis lost a bet . BRING IT ON because the JACKASSES are going down So take off your little White and Orange uniforms and see what real men wear , We'll see who are the PRA-TENDAS and the CON-TENDA'S . REVENGE WILL BE SWEET .