1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Divisional Weekend Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ryan_98, Jan 10, 2010.

1. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Baltimore @ Indy
    NY Jets @ SD
    Arizona @ NOLA
    Dallas @ Minnesota

i like indy, sd, saints, and cowboys.

2. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Colts
    Chargers
    Cardinals
    Cowboys

2 wild card teams for the NFC Championship Game, 2 bye-weeks for the AFC Championship Game.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ravens over Colts
    Chargers over Jets
    Saints over Cards
    Vikings over Cowboys

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Chargers
    Colts
    Cards
    Vikings

Interesting tidbit, anyone thinking that Rivers will struggle against the various blitz packages from the Jets..

92/163 1,440 yards 13TD 3INT 104.3 Passer Rating.

^^ That's his numbers against the blitz.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Colts
    Chargers
    Saints
    Cowboys (toughest to call)

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't think he will and I think Sanchez will turn into a pumpkin if the Chargers get a lead. If the Jets fall behind early, this game could end early.

Same thing applies to the Ravens in Indy but I'm playing a hunch by picking them anyway.

7. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

I think Vinsanity Jackson will escape Revis Island, He's just so much more bigger and athletic than Revis.

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Receivers he has shutdown this year.

1. Andre Johnson 6'-3" (4 REC for 35 YARDS)
    2. Randy Moss 6'-4" (4 REC for 24 YARDS) (5 REC for 34 YARDS & 1 TD)
    3. Justin Gage 6'-4" (4 REC for 37 YARDS)
    4. Marques Colston 6'-4" (2 REC for 33 YARDS)
    5. Ted Ginn Jr. 5'-11" (2 REC for 57 Yards & 1 TD)(0 REC for 0 YARDS)
    6. T.O. 6'-3" (3 REC for 13 YARDS) (3 REC for 31 YARDS)
    7.Louis Murphy 6'-2" (4 REC for 58 YARDS)
    8. Mike Sims-Walker 6'-2" (3 REC for 49 YARDS & 1 TD)
    9. Steve Smith(CAR) 5'-9" (1 REC for 15 YARDS)
    10. Antonio Bryant 6'-1" (2 REC for 22 YARDS)
    11. Rodney White 6'-0" (4 REC for 33 YARDS)
    12. Reggie Wayne 6'-0" (3 REC for 33 YARDS)
    13. Chad OchoCinco 6'-1" (0 REC for 0 YARDS)

None of the above are 6'5 or higher. Rivers has picked on the best of them. He plays in the AFC west which arguably has some of the best corners in the game (Champ, Nmandi).

EVEN if he does shutdown V-Jack, is he going to shutdown Gates and Floyd?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gCmd43PAEfU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gCmd43PAEfU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

That's basically why the Patriots owned the Jets in the 2nd meeting, along with the fact that they were at Home. Although Brady also force-fed Moss the ball plenty of times, but Moss was too lazy to get it because he's a quitter. Brady just made Welker get all the touches, catches, receptions and yards. Which was why the game was a blow out. Revis can only cover one guy.

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Ravens
    Chargers
    Cowboys
    Cardinals

11. Asian Sensation

Chargers have too many weapons for Jets. I expect Gates to have a huge game and LT to come up big. Sanchez is gonna blow chunks.

12. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I'll take

Balitimore in the upset
    SD
    ZONA
    Vikings

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Baltimore @ Indy -- Colts
    NY Jets @ SD -- Chargers
    Arizona @ NOLA -- Saints
    Dallas @ Minnesota -- Cowboys

14. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i'm gonna have to go with all the home teams. although i want the jets to pull the upset, i think the chargers are too much. i think the cardinals are scary and could upend the saints but i doubt they play as efficiently on offense as vs. the packers. warner was nearly perfect. who knows though, they got hot and stayed hot last year. cowboys, barf, sorry, can't pick them due to hate. i also don't think they will be able to run on minny and if the vikings get their pass russ going they could force romo into mistakes. pretty sure the colts will roll baltimore with their huge advantage on offense and a very underrated defense.

15. Nero

Nero Member

Baltimore @ Indy

Pick: Baltimore. Indy has been beatable too many times this year and escaped through luck and some smoke-and-mirrors. Baltimore has the defense smoking and can hold onto the ball, eat up the clock, and smack Indy's offense when they are on the field.

NYJ @ SD

Pick: San Diego. Yes, the Jets have a pretty good defense, and the least-powerful offense in the playoffs. And even the TEXANS went into Cincinnatti and beat the Bengals, so the Jets may not be as unstoppable as they may have appeared. SD has too many weapons, Revis can only cover one guy.

Arizona @ New Orleans

Pick: Arizona. Same deal here as with Indy. The Saints won a small handful of games this season they had no business winning (Washington, Miami, etc), and by the end of the season, the league has the book on the Saints. Green Bay's defense was supposed to be much better than New Orleans', and Kurt Warner ate them alive, what will he do against the Saints? This may not even be close.

Dallas @ Minnesota

Pick: Dallas. Two teams moving in opposite directions. Minnesota can't run any more and they can't protect their QB. With all due respect to the Jets, the Cowboys are playing by far the best defense remaining in the playoffs, they are swarming and filled with confidence. Favre is an immobile QB with a suspect offensive line, which spells disaster against Dallas' Ware, Spencer, Ratliff & Co. Minnesota will get behind early, and be forced to try to pass every down, and it will be Carolina all over again. Dallas' offense is clicking on all cylinders.

Cowboys host the NFC Championship Game

Dallas beats Arizona

Chargers host the AFC Championship Game

San Diego beats Baltimore

Chargers vs Cowboys in a regular-season rematch in the Super Bowl.

16. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I too am going with the Home Teams ...

The Jets do concern me a bit as a Charger's fan if they can somehow get a lead in the 4th quarter because they will definitely have the ability to run the clock down with that running game against the Chargers D. If the Chargers can avoid the turnover bug, they will score enough early though that the Jets run game wont matter. Also the Jets pass rush is going to be severely limited by the need for them to account for Antonio Gates with the LBs and he is going to be an absolute nightmare for them.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

All home teams.

Colts
    Chargers
    Saints
    Vikings

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'll too take the home teams - Vikings, Saints, Chargers, Colts.

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Baltimore over Indy
    Chargers over Jets
    Cardinals over Saints
    Vikings over Cowboys

I hope this week further illustrates that you NEED momentum going into the playoffs (well, except for the Cardinals), and can't just not take the last two weeks seriously like the Bengals did ... and to a lesser extent, the Patriots and Eagles (they were just beaten in week 17, but weren't going full force).

Baltimore has a ton of momentum going into this and Indy has been sitting around for a month. Same thing with the Saints.

Chargers should annihilate the Jets, and I expect the Vikings/Cowboys to be the second best game of the postseason to date.

20. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I'm not sure about all the games, but if Dallas goes in and beats the Vikings at home and the defense has another great game, I think they win the Super Bowl this year. I hate to say it, but they are peaking this year and their defense has been awesome.

I think they are like the Giants a couple years ago when they won the Super Bowl. Playing their best football at the right time of the year with strong defense.