1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Divisional Round

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 6, 2019.

1. Mr. Space City

biggest call of the game was the rams going for it on 4th & goal.

look what happens when you don't play like a p***y.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Saints are 1 seed, Rams would go to New Orleans. (Rams would host Eagles.)

Surfguy likes this.
  3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm honestly not even mad tonight. The Rams controlled the line of scrimmage all night long. They deserved the win. Credit to them.

I have to give Garrett credit, too, the guy clearly learned from that awful decision against the Texans early in the year. Every time he went for it on 4th down was 100% the correct call.

I thought the play calling was pretty good all night too. I didn't like the call on the 4th and 1 stop by the Rams, but only because they brought literally EVERYONE inside on that play. There were people that have never watched football before that knew where that play was going. Other than that one, I liked the calls.

There was one thing that frustrated me though (other than our D-Line getting destroyed). We got the ball back with 7:10 left, down 15, and we jog it down the field. It took 5 minutes to score. They wasted so much time in-between plays just walking around or waiting at the line of scrimmage. That drove me nuts.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Dak could have faked the hand-off, spun, and ran to either sideline to get the first down probably. That would have been a good call given everyone was inside.

I'm mad at the defense for getting smoked all night. It was like the boys versus the men tonight. They got beat badly.

5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

You're right on both. Dak keeper would have been a great call.

Also, the sign of a bad D-Line is when the linebackers are getting blocked on every play. That means the DTs are getting blocked one-on-one and losing every play.

It sucks because it pretty much hasnt happened all year (except the Colts game).

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Reid and Mahomes would struggle too if Texans and Chiefs swapped O-lines. I do think Mahomes has an edge over Watson.

deb4rockets likes this.
  7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I really want New Orleans to beat the Eagles today. I would love nothing more than Los Angeles to whip up on them just like they did them boys to the north.

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I actually don't care who wins the Eagles game since both QBs have already won a SuperBowl. If I picked geography, I would go for New Orleans over Philly. Better food, better people, and our Texas neighbors. If I picked QBs well, you can't go wrong with either. After all, they are both Texans, and both nice guys. I guess the only plus I have for Foles is that he can't seem to get the starting job, even though he won a SuperBowl last year, and is leading his team again under the same kind of circumstances. A part of me wants him to be the only backup QB to win 2 consecutive SuperBowls.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Roc Paint

I’m sure they’re nice people and all, but I wouldn’t mind seeing all their fans take I 10 east or I 45 north

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I hope the Chargers beat down New England in front of their home town crowd today.

If the Chargers do win, then at least the QB for the AFC will be going to their first SuperBowl. I have to admit though, I hate that the Chargers moved to LA, and that San Diego fans lost their team, and don't get to enjoy this now. I am so sick of LA having two teams in every sport. San Diego had a great stadium and fans, and a lot of military down there who enjoyed going to games. I watched the Oilers play the Chargers there when I was in the Navy. Warren Moon vs Jim McMahon, where I sat in the stands with my blue Pom Pom and big Love Ya Blue foam finger and my pretty baby blue Oilers jacket. What a great day that was away from my Navy duties on base. Those were the days you bought tickets at Ticketmaster by walking into a record store and I screwed up paying for good seats down by the players bench, but didn't think to ensure it was the "away team". Ugh, so I sat up above the Chargers, instead of being by my team. At least we won though.....haha.

#151 deb4rockets, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  12. Roc Paint

I would like to take this time to thank you for your service, and your basketball team

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Who's fans? Who are you rooting for?

14. Roc Paint

I’m for the Houston Texans through and through. I don’t like that the city I love/live in is inundated with saints and cowboys fans. Traffic is already bad enough. ;)

15. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Rooting for the Chargers over Patriots but let's not have an LA/LA Super Bowl please.

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

LOL! Gotcha. Yeah, I've always been Houston team too!! Oilers, Texans, UofH, Comets, Astros. Don't watch soccer much.

So, get what you mean about Houston locals who root for other teams. It's hard for me to to get excited about Playoffs and SuperBowls when it's not my team, because all the thrill is gone. I enjoy rooting against teams I hate though, such as Dallas, but now that they are out I don't care much. If I had to choose who I would want to win I could make a case for Mahomes, just to see him have a season like no NFL QB ever had, for Foles to do what no backup ever did, or for Rivers to finally win after all his years as a QB. But, I won't be shedding any tears for any of them, simply beacause they don't play for Houston. Maybe next year!

#156 deb4rockets, Jan 13, 2019
    Roc Paint likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

OMG! I didn't even think about that. A part of me wants them both to lose now, just because I hate LA teams. But, Rivers over Brady would be nice.

18. Roc Paint

I’ve loved the Rams since I can remember. I remember watching them in the Super Bowl against the Steelers on my black-and-white TV in my bedroom. I’m an Aries, so when I saw those helmets when I was a kid for the first time, I fell in love immediately.

#158 Roc Paint, Jan 13, 2019
    deb4rockets likes this.
  19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Rams ever since Warren Beatty played quarterback for them. ;)

[​IMG]

Well...that and Eric Dickerson when he ran for them.

Roc Paint likes this.
  20. Roc Paint

I was wearing my HOF Eric Dickerson away jersey last night. Signed by Eric Dickerson. He was my favorite all-time running back.

deb4rockets likes this.