1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL: Divisional Playoffs

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 5, 2014.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Clutch Manning is clutch.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Embarrassing. Chargers blow their coverage on the biggest play of their season? Wow...

3. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Funny thing is they actually would've had enough time and two time outs left with decent field position to get a TD. They blew it...

1 person likes this.
  4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Dude you mad? Calm down its a game. The butthurt is rediculous.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Ball game. Guess we'll have to wait till next week for Manning pick six.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He must be a Manning hater.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Great weekend of football.

Would have preferred Denver going down.

But watching the N.O. 'aints and Colts losing was satisfying.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not butthurt. Not a Chargers fan. Just absolutely stunned the Chargers could fail so hard like that. 3rd and 17? I'd be sick for days if I was a Chargers fan.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

10. Raven

Raven Member

Niners, SeaHawks, Pats, Broncos, wow, what a shocker!

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Manning vs Brady? Gonna be a good game fellas.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Terrible coverage from San Diego on the earlier 3rd and 17, but hopefully McCoy doesn't get off the hook for bungling the timeout scenario before the final 3rd and 6 conversion. The 2nd down ended at 2:50, the Chargers chose not to use their last timeout, and Manning snapped the ball at about 2:10. Here's the problem...

The two-minute warning was coming right after that play (or on the punt) regardless, so what incentive did Denver have to run the ball? McCoy basically begged Manning to aggressively throw for the win, and he did. If you call timeout at 2:50, you at least give Denver something to think about... if the throw is incomplete, you're saving the Chargers 40 seconds and the two-minute warning stoppage. That's substantial. As it was, there was no real downside for the Broncos, so...

I think Major has mentioned this before, but the easiest way for an NFL team to improve themselves would be to hire a full-time clock guru and put them on the sidelines, next to the head coach. It's clear that for whatever reason -- maybe they just have too much to think about with all their responsibilities -- that 99% of coaches aren't savvy enough to get it, at least in the heat of the moment. With the emphasis on coaching these days, it's ridiculous that gaffes like this keep happening. Should be a no-brainer.

1 person likes this.
  13. Shaud

Shaud Member

You mean the same Cam Newton that was doing the dirty bird in Atlanta a few weeks ago?

Salute to Kaep

1 person likes this.
  14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Cam and that fat ass Mike Tolbert have been taunting other teams all year. Glad today happened

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I'm insanely proud of my Chargers, we gave Denver a run for their money, we weren't even supposed to be in the playoffs because it was a "rebuilding" year. Rivers regained his groove, Keenan Allen & Donald Butler emerged, Ryan Mathews finally had a breakout season.

Excited for the future.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So it would be less devastating for them to lose to a 49ers team that acted like they've been there before? I know it was a different era, but I just can't see Roger Craig and Joe Montana mocking the other team's dumb celebrations.

I'm just old though, obviously. LOL.

17. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

So who you guys got for next week?

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Im not a Chargers fan, but the PI on welker, at the beginning of the 4th qtr looked like that pass was uncatchable, therefore no penalty, that could have changed the game, still the Chargers got a chance and blew it.

Great games next weekend! :cool:

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

Welker looked like he pushed off on the play. But they still would have called defensive holding anyway