1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Divisional Playoffs

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by macalu, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Being at BW3's tonight as the Cowgirls lost was one of the funnest nights I've had. Throughout the game their fans were talking crap like they do every game, and when they lost I had the biggest smile on my face. One lady in particular that was talking the whole game ended up crying once the game ended. I love it! :D :D :D

2. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Man, if only the Rockets won, it would've been the perfect day. :)

Choke City Dallas does it again! Bwa ha ha ha ha!!

3. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Awsome...

In a span of 2 years the Mavs blow and 0-2 lead to the Heat.

Romo muffs the snap.

Mavs lose to an 8th seed!

And now today!!!

Not only that but a Packer Patriot superbowl should be the most hyped up superbowl ever

4. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I picked all 4 right and hit 2 games with the exact margin of victory this weekend!!!! Man I wish I had bet more than $5-$10 a game this week!

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Did she cry like TO?

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Buh Bye!

7. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Oh never mind .... looks like you corrected yourself. :)

I think Dallas is also the first city to have #1 seeds in two different sports and lose in the first round...

8. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Mad props man - I got 3 out of 4 right, (missed San Diego beating Indy).

I guess Romo has plenty of time to go on vacation with Jessica Simpson now and Peyton can go make some more terrible commercials in his free time. Chumps.

9. JeopardE

[​IMG]

LEAVE TONY ROMO ALONE! HE'S A HUMAN! ALL YOU PEOPLE WANT IS MORE MORE MORE!
    LEAVE HIM ALONE! YOU'RE LUCKY HE EVEN PERFORMED FOR YOU BASTARDS! LEAVE TONY ALONE! PLEASE! *sob*

10. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

11. JeopardE

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Oh yeah, does anybody remember what Crayton was spewing after the Cowboys' loss to the Patriots earlier in the season? Well.....

[​IMG]

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Good for the Chargers, Indy had the game wraped up for them (2 or 3 important phantom calls, LT injured, Rivers injured, Gates playing injured) and Indy lost the game.

And for the cowboys, maybe crayton was not the only one to blame, on the previous play, or two plays before, they had the first down, and some lineman, hit Strahan, with no particular reason to hit him, those two plays were the cowboys lost.

14. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

OMG! I think my side just split from laughing SO hard! Truly a kodak moment! :D

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

hey now, the Jints offense got us the points and our D came up big when needed. Romo was harassed the second half and Barber had only 28 yards rushing.

16. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

BTW I think the T.O. crying thing was so bogus and disingenuine. Just re-read what he said, he's actually goading the media into criticizing Romo for the Mexico trip.

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

F'n Cowboys...F'n Romo...Couldn't make a play, Romo's bad decisions, people dropping passes, couldnt' tackle or cover anyone... :mad:

What a f'n disaster...I actually had no idea Romo went to Mexico during the bye...WTF is that... :mad: And c'mon, TO, you were crying..WTF is that...There's no crying in football...

One thing that was funny was Dallas' Fox affiliate came up with a "Choke City" theme...

Mavs: 1st Round loss
    Cowboys: 2nd staight playoff loss
    Stars: 3rd straight year with 1st round Playoff loss
    Rangers: Last place...

Pretty funny stuff...

I have no interest in who goes to the superbowl..But it'll be GB and NE...

#277 rrj_gamz, Jan 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  18. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I agree. The Boys didn't bring it on a number of levels--special teams, overall effort, offense and defense penalties. The Giants are a good team--they played harder and better and deserved to win.

Also the loss wasn't on Romo. He played OK for the most part given the pressure he was under. Barber and Witten was about the only guy to bring it all game--most players, even Ware (key offsides to keep the 1st Giants drive alive) played spotty at times. A few guys played really extra poor (Reeves, Crayton). Overall defintely a team loss--if there is one guy to pin it on it is Wade--since the breakdowns and lack of focus were in all phases.

I think Wade might be out and Garrett in. Bill Cauwler (sp?) is out there too. The team failed in too many areas late in the season--despite real good health, not to consider major changes and new leadership.

The Cowboys are in great shape. Lots of young pro-bowlers and other good young players, good draft situation (extra Cleve pick this year), and decent cap situation relative to their talent.

Crayton got paid like a good 3rd wide out--which is what he is. The Boys need to find a #2 who will turn into a #1 once TO is done.

Overall a very dissappointing loss as a top seed. But even if squeeking by the Giants, it didn't look like a team that would hang with the Packers, let alone the Patriots. Poor ending, but bright future. Very young talented defense in need of a middle clogger and some young wideouts is really all we need to stay with bright prospects.

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The problem with the Cowboys and their #2 wide out was that they were expecting that to be Terry Glenn. Injuries killed that scenario and thus they were forced to go with the crappy Crayton instead. But I definitely agree with Desert Scar that the Cowboys have to find them a good young #2 wideout (like a Brandon Marshall of the Broncos) since Glenn is old and so injury prone.

20. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Oh by the way I had a terrible weekend picking and watching (1/4) but was in the Mexican sun with the fam and had a great weekend. It is just a game after all.

BTW I think the Packers look great and have a real shot at winning the Superbowl over NE. But take it from a guy who thought the Bolts didn't have chance to score points versus Indy's D last week.

In the end you have to play the games and these are all good teams left. I don't expect NE to lose, but a lot stronger things have happened.