1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Divisional Playoffs

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by macalu, Jan 7, 2008.

1. AGBee

AGBee Member

"The Cowboys just wasted a 13-3 season, which matched the best in team history. They're the first No. 1 seed in the NFC to lose in this round since the NFL went to the 12-team playoff format in 1990. They also became the seventh team to lose a playoff game against a team they'd beaten twice in the regular season -- joining Dallas' 1998 club."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=280113006

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sure, they have all the Parcells-acquired talent... but the overall team structure/focus/direction will start to crumble under Wade Phillips (far more than it would if Parcells was still there).

Wade Phillips had a pretty spotty track record before he came to Dallas, and this year's team isn't going to convince me otherwise (bunch of regular season wins against a weaker conference, weak AFC east minus the pats, and the team regressing as the season ended)

Also, Parcells won't be the one making those 2 first round picks this year.

Then, you have to factor in the rest of the conference/division getting better... b/c this was a pretty weak year for the NFC east (even though the Giants just won), and NFC all-together.

#242 Nick, Jan 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  3. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Thats NFC, not NFL,and since 1990... Who spewed that previous info? Pathetic.

4. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

He's up now...

5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Anyone else laugh at the Gatorade commercials now that Manning has been eliminated? Also now that Wade's Heat are one of the worst teams in the NBA. Or that Jeter's Yankees haven't won in awhile? I'm not even sure Sharapova's won anything as of late.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

T.O. is sitting here crying. He must have something in his contract stating some type of discipline if he makes negative remarks about the team or players and coaches on the team. Either that or he knows he is aging and his dominance is coming to an end.

7. Lil Pun

Where does it say NFL?

8. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Men will never learn.

I bet it was good.

10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i yield to no one in my love for the cowboys- i cried when they lost the ice bowl, and yes, i watched it live i also remember where i was when i heard JFK got shot. There were a ton of questionable calls in this game, but the bottom line is the cowboys allowed the giants to drive the length of the field in 50 seconds at the end of the first half. stop them there, or hold them to a field goal, and it's a different game.

then, twice w/in the last 4 minutes they had the ball inside the giants 30, and came away with nothing. when the opportunities are there, you have to take them, and this team didn't. that's on all of them, on both sides of the ball, the coaching staff, and JJ.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Thank God! I didn't want to be forced to root for either the Cowboys or Patriots in the Super Bowl. I'll be happy rooting for the Packers and Favre now.

12. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

There was a reason why I stocked up on alcohol last night :cool:

I just need the next 3 weeks to go by like a flash and see the Patriots win it all. Once spring training starts up my life will go back to normal.

13. rolando

rolando Member

"It's Not Fair Man" TO, LOL, Today was Super Bowel Sunday for me watching the Girls lose. Ha Ha.

14. Lil Pun

LMAO! Strahan and Pierce taking shots at T.O.

I hope he gets his popcorn ready for next weekend. LOL! :D

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I (i) yield to no one in my hatred for the Cowboys. I remember where I was when J.R. got shot. When Michael Irvin got busted for blow and showed up to court in a full length fur coat I laughed and laughed. Likewise, I took enormous pleasure in the Texans becoming the first expansion team to win their opening game against ole' Leather Face's boys. Choking on last year's extra point was another happy day in Dallas Cowboy Hating history. Today was very satisfying. The deathly sound of silence of those Dallas douchebag fans taking their delusions and disappointment out of the stadium was like listening to Mozart. Beautiful.

Not for the first time, the Cowboys and their sheep got ahead of themselves. The offensive line, lack of a dependable third receiving option outside of Owens and Whitten and weak secondary caught up with them. Oh, also, Wade Phillips looked baffled out there. Nice second half adjustments by the boy genius Garrett, too. To think people were saying that losing Bill Parcells was a good thing...

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Funny thing is, my roomate (who is a die hard Cowboy fan) predicted the game ending INT about 1min before it happened. :D

17. lpbman

lpbman Member

Romo was throwing off his back foot for most of the 4th quarter.

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Crayton is a big reason they lost the game.

Congrats go to the Giants.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I guess it is a good thing Crayton locked up his contract extension during the season.

20. rocketball8

rocketball8 Contributing Member

Yeah. He is going to be slammed on radio talk show here in Dallas.

The last two years in Cowboy playoffs can be describe in two play - Romo failed hold and Crayton 3rd down drop.