1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Divisional Playoffs

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by macalu, Jan 7, 2008.

1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

SEA @ GB
    JAX @ NE
    NYG @ DAL
    SD @ IND

i think the closest game to a sure thing is GB at home....but all of them would make me nervous if i was a betting man. should make for a great weekend.

i'll go:

GB
    NE
    NYG
    IND

2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I'm with you, but I really think JAX could pull off the mother of all upsets.

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

That would make Indy very happy. :D

4. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

though the giants put up a strong showing last night, i'll take the home teams this round

GB
    NE
    DAL
    IND

5. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

I find it very difficult not to go chalk here.

GB, Dallas, NE, and Indy.

I know that rarely happens - but I still gotta go with it.

6. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I think this is one of the best and most interesting divisional rounds in a long time.

I'll Go ...

Green Bay ("We want the ball. And we're gonna score!")

New England (not even close)

San Diego (Indy always has trouble with the Chargers who beat them in Indy to end their 13-0 run a couple years ago and also the game earlier this season. If Gates doesn't play, that might be the turning point, but I think this game falls squarely on whether or not Merriman and Phillips get pressure on Manning)

NY Giants (Just think Dallas is playing their worst football at the worst time of year)

#6 RocketManJosh, Jan 7, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  7. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

GB
    NE
    Indy
    Dallas (unfortunately, Dallas has their number)

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Packers at home is almost a lock. Dallas as well. Even if TO isn't playing, usually when division rivals meet in the playoffs the team that swept the season series is damn near perfect. The Colts won't have to do much to beat the Chargers as long as they contain LT, Rivers will have to play better than he did in the first half against the Titans, and that Gates injury looked pretty bad when it happened.

I'm hoping Jacksonville can pull it out, but it will be very hard if they fall behind because they just don't have the passing attack to catch up. If they can jump out early with the running game and somehow disrupt Brady's rhythm, they could have a chance. If the Patriots jump out early, it will be a long day for the Jags.

9. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I like Green Bay and New England by a ton on Saturday

I kind of like both road teams Sunday, I feel like the Giants will beat Dallas and maybe take out Green Bay in the title game.

San Diego is just a gut feeling but I really like the Giants when Eli is playing well because it keep that front four fresh and we all know how good their pass rush is.

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I am hoping

Indy

Jax

GB

NY

11. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I understand folks wanting the Pats to lose their fisrt playoff game but how much better would it be if they were 18-0 and lost to Favre in the Super Bowl or even to Eli in a rematch from the last game of the season

12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

SEA @ GB - Greenbay rolls Sea 28-10
    JAX @ NE - NE continues to be perfect 35-17
    NYG @ DAL - Dallas in a close one 31-28
    SD @ IND - Indy takes care of business 24-14

13. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

GB, NE, DAL, IND

No upsets this weekend.

14. ricky812

ricky812 Member

I think Indy over SD is about as close to a lock as you can get in a game. SD needed a miracle earlier this season to win, 6 manning interceptions, kick off return for td, punt return for td, 2 missed vinateri field goals, no harrison, clark, and gonzalez. And this game is at the RCA dome. Rivers is also someone I would never trust in a big game. He is too inconsistent and has a painfully weak arm. Almost all of his big throws were short against ten.

15. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

SEA
    Big D (I'll be there, cant wait!)
    JAX to shock the world
    IND

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Sorry, man... I think this is a NO-GO... :(

Have fun with these, everyone:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

:D

17. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Oh, it's a go, baby....it's a go!!!

18. YourSecretLover

Chargers do have a chance to beat Indy. It will be a great game of course since the Chargers are on a roll right now

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like GB giving up the points.

Now,NE should be able to move the ball at will.Look what Big Ben did without Parker.Without the interceptions and returns PITT wins going away against the Jags.Don't expect those mistakes from Brady and the Pats.I think this game goes OVER.
    NE will win the game but MIGHT not cover.They should,but you know how these things go.

Dallas should destroy the Giants.I also could see this as an UNDER play with Dallas's defense dominating and Shockey out.The Cowboys defense is at least as good as Tampa Bay's.

SD and INDY screams OVER and I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for SD to win this game.Gates injury really hurts but it forces SD to open it up.

20. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

As a Dallas fan, I hope you're right, but I am in no way super confident going into this game. The giants know the cowboys real well, have an awesome pass rush when it's clicking, and the offense can do some nice things if Eli doesn't have his head up his ass. The regular season sweep doesn't mean a thing and can be a detriment if Dallas gets cocky about it.

As far as the other games ... all of the dogs need a lot of help (turnovers, fluke plays, w/e) to advance. As far as their chances of pulling off the upset, I'd rank the teams:

Giants
    Seattle
    SD
    Jacksonville

but like others in this thread, I expect all the favorites to win.