1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL: Conference Championships

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 12, 2014.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im scared to even look...that's disgusting.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bill Belichick says Wes Welker deliberately took out Aqib Talib

“One of the worst plays I’ve seen. It was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib. No attempt to get open.”

“I’ll let the league handle the discipline. It’s not for me to decide.”

[​IMG]

Sherman explains Crabtree incident and postgame interview

Report: Crabtree tried to fight Richard Sherman at charity event

Seahawks fans throw popcorn at injured NaVarro Bowman

[​IMG]

Tom Brady on Richard Sherman: ‘He's that kind of guy. ... We win with graciousness’

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So Russell is a class act! Sherman on the other hand.... If he played baseball would get a high and tight fastball.</p>&mdash; Justin Verlander (@JustinVerlander) <a href="https://twitter.com/JustinVerlander/statuses/425102194552369152">January 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Raven

Raven Member

Not a peep from Simmons on twitter. Nothing.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Oh shutup Brady you were chasing and yelling at the refs after a loss against Carolina this year.

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The NaVarro Bowman gif/clip with the fans throwing popcorn is sickening to me. I say this as one of the biggest 49ers haters out there. Dislike the team to the max but I respect them and the players they have.

No need for fans to do that at all. Hopefully Seahawks fans out there are disappointed with that segment of their fans that chose to do that to Bowman.

7. ferrari77

Re. Sherman and Crabtree

Report: Michael Crabtree tried to fight Richard Sherman at charity event

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree

1 person likes this.
  8. ferrari77

Lol. Brady trying to get all sanctimonious.
    Also love Belichick talking about how the Talib injury from running into Welker was "the worst play" he has ever seen.

Hyperbole much?

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Yelling at the refs and taunting/talking trash are two entirely different things.

Also, LOL @ Belichick. The Patriots entire offense this year has been based on illegal WR screens.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The initial point you made is that Houston fans tend to be more "respectful". I say that's a hollow generalization that could easily be disproven if the Texans had a team full of adderall-driven "me against the world" assclowns, led by the head assclown in Pete Carroll. Winning only helps further buy into the culture.

Yes, Pete is as cutthroat as they come... Uses anything/everything possible to motivate his team into an us against the world mentality. He's cocky, brackish, and would do anything to get his team to win.

The idea that Houston is "soft" as a sports town doesn't apply to the NFL. They don't have as big of a rival yet, and they don't have a team personality of warriors either. You get those, along with a coach who thrives off of it, and you'll see what the humble Houston faithful are capable of.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Belichik has hated on Welker ever since he dropped the pass in the Super Bowl against the Giants. These remarks are pathetic. It would be great if Welker won a Super Bowl ring just to spite Belichik.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Pete Carroll talks to Richard Sherman

RENTON, Wash. -- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said he has spoken to cornerback Richard Sherman about Sherman's controversial comments on national television following Seattle's 23-17 victory over the San Francisco 49ers in the NFC Championship Game Sunday at CenturyLink Field.

"We aren't perfect and we all make mistakes," Carroll said Monday on the 710 ESPN Seattle radio show. "Things don't always come out exactly as we planned.

"I look at it like this: What would I tell my son? I'm a dad. I speak from that perspective. Maybe [the players] don't always want to hear it that way, but it's the best way I can communicate. That has already taken place and we've already talked about it."

Sherman's comments have become a national talking point and caused a firestorm of criticism on Twitter.

Carroll came to Sherman's defense.

"You're talking about a guy in a warrior's mentality in the middle of everything," Carroll said. "He's a fiery guy. That was Richard being Richard in a moment where you would like to pull him to the side and take a knee for a while, then we'll talk to you.

"It's unfortunate that it was so crazed, but that's who he is. His mental make-up to get ready for that matchup was expressed right there so he could play the way he can play. Unfortunately, sharing with the world, it didn't come across so well."

Carroll said it didn't follow the guidelines he has for his players.

"We try to stick to Rule No. 1, which is always protect the team," Carroll said. "It's the rule we live by. You always represent us. In a time like that one, it was a little bit representing yourself.

"How we handle it is we try to grow and learn and work our way through who we are and figure out who we want to be. This was an extraordinary learning opportunity. You'll see some benefit from it."

Carroll said he handled it the same way he does when any of his players do something outside the boundaries of proper behavior.

"When you really love somebody and care for them, you do everything you can help them be everything they can be," Carroll said. "At times they are going to make mistakes and break your heart, but if you love them you stay with them. You give [them] the best chance to be all they can be.

"Richard is a wonderful spirit. He's got an amazing heart and he has great sensitivity. He goes all the way to the end of the spectrum when it comes to expressing himself."

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That's crazy on Bill's part to attack Welker. Bill got his first ring by having his defensive backs rough up the Rams receivers. All those new rules that came about were because of the dirty play of the New England secondary. Hitting receivers without the ball, smashing them in mid-air, etc.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

LOL. Yeah, Carroll sure is a cocky, brash, chest-thumping warrior.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have no problem with Sherman. He always backs up his talk and the 49ers are full of douchebags. Good for him

16. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Sherman's post game interview went something like this.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a1o82BVKFp8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jOZQAcYiZRY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Mr. Space City

hahahahah the patirots win with graciousness?!?!?!

he can't even lose with graciousness

[​IMG]

the same patriots that taunted and screamed at the Chargers when they won a divisional game in 06?

rodney harrison and mike vrable doing the dirty bird in the super bowl against the eagles?

the same patriots that went for it on 4th down in blowouts.

what a joke.

18. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

maybe i missed it but do i see more about sherman than about that interception that didnt count? I understand that 49ers got the ball back but those sequence of plays would not have happened

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Is the Sherman/Crabtree trash talk that much different from Steve Smith's "ice up son?" Granted neither called the other garbage, but things already got physical in the Panthers Pats game which should have made it worse than here where they just exchanged words.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

This is the best article on Richard Sherman, that I've read. I'd suggest watching the embedded video, along with another video that is linked in the article. There's also another story detailing Sherman's upbringing that was pretty cool.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/20/5319032/richard-sherman-interview-nfc-championship-2014