1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL 2015 3 Round Mock Draft GM Challenge

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by moestavern19, Mar 24, 2015.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Will do now.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

btw, I was actually torn between two possible picks... so if ATL grabbed Dorsett, I was going to take the player I was also trying to move up for. Lets see if you can guess that one?

If I wasn't able to move up, I was targeting Tre McBride of William & Mary. That guy is probably going to be a real sleeper. Or if I went with the other player I was targeting, I would have hoped to get McBride in Round 4. Or Arie Kouandjio. Or Jesse James.

And... Shane Conden in Round 5. ;-)

3. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Tre Jackson?

4. NewRoxFan

Good guess. He was someone I considered at 79. And guard is a need. But I was thinking of another home run player. Who IMO is the best player available on the board. Amazed he is still there.

5. NewRoxFan

Finally someone picks Tevin Coleman. He and jay Ajayi were the two I was trying to move up for... after Ajayi was taken I moved to Coleman and Dorsett. Ajayi is a better receiver, Coleman is perhaps a bit better runner. MIN would be a good spot for Coleman.

Also like the Funchess pick. Might be a good TE candidate. And I guess I won't be looking at Kouandjio in Round Four... ;-) Moes is mowing e'm down...

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

RB drafting is an interesting thing these days. Obviously if you are targeting a RB in the first 2 rounds you expect him to be "the" guy, but this year there are probably 5-6 solid backs who will go in rounds 2-4 but the usual expectation these days is that if you need a RB you can easily wait until round 3 maybe even 4.

7. NewRoxFan

Seems the current thinking is that RBs are devalued and don't spend much on a RB that you will only have a few years. People usually point to Foster as the perfect illustration.

That said, I like impact players. Every time I'd see an Indiana highlight it was Coleman breaking off a huge run. If teams were focusing on Coleman as Indiana's only weapon and he was still racking up big gains... I want him. And
    with a third round pick? Where do I sign?

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I felt the same about Abdullah. Even thought he didn't run a fast 40, he passes the eye test in every way. You watch a Nebraska game and he's finding creases and finishing runs. Ball security and pass protection will need to improve but you can't teach vision and elusiveness.

9. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Big Ten RBs always seem to be big, hard nosed runners with great vision that don't have track-level speed. They keep the NFL old school.

10. NewRoxFan

Moes, nice pick for the Texans... McBride has good size and speed. And you are right... at this point the Texans have a few guys named Joe as WR2. While they may be better Joes than last years WRs not named Andre... they are still just a bunch of Joes.

11. NewRoxFan

Coleman ran a 4.4 at his Pro Day. Coincidentally, John Harris just posted a profile on him today...

12. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

I was responding more to Moes description of Abdullah, and I was just thinking historically, not arguing for or against anything. Ron Dayne, Mike Alstott, and more recently Javon Ringer, Laurence Maroney, Le'veon Bell, and Montee Ball. I think of bruisers when I think of Big Ten running backs.

13. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Researching more Big Ten RBs, can't believe I forgot about so many. Maurice Clarett, Marion Barber III, Beanie Wells, Shonn Greene, Larry Johnson.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If you guys want to pick for the next 2 absentees I would appreciate it :)

15. NewRoxFan

Hey, should we be thinking of who Kansas city will pick? Seems Tre Jackson is the best interior lineman, but no clue what the Chiefs need?

16. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

San diego needs pass rusher

17. NewRoxFan

Is Preston Smith available?

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Taken

19. NewRoxFan

OK, how about Trey Flowers, Arkansas ?

20. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Just use control f whenever there is a recap of the draft picks selected, and you can just manually search for the names on the page to see who's been drafted