1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next: Patching up other Rox roster holes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Jul 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

hopefully we can some how get Lawson, it would be perfect, Lawson/Bve

2. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Trade for Lawson
    Sign Stuckey
    Resign Smith

Let's play

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Scola is a relic, and the more you examine his game at this point you realize it. He had maybe 1 meaningful game as a Pacer all of last season.

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'm good with Lawson now that we have Bev locked up. What's the asking price for Lawson?

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I think he makes 10 mil a season. Probably. Jones. Kpap. Terry. Plus a pick. Something like that.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

LOL..... You know he's a premiere pg in this league right? The money the Rox gave with the Brewer and Bev signing is all but makes it seem like it's for Terry to sign for the minimum as a back up vet and call it a day. It is what it is the I think this team rolls with most of what was here last season to see if health and chemistry make it to the Finals. I think it's possible with the personnel retained.

7. Rox>Mavs

Done where do I sign. Use the MLE on Josh and I'm happy with this off season. Much better than last years squad and still super flexible for next off season in case KD wants to come here.

8. Rox>Mavs

Lawson wants out and he's going to get moved yes? Sac signing Rondo just took one buyer off the market. The mavs want a pg but they can't beat our assets. So let me ask you.....who else is looking for a pg and what do you think they can give? Set the market price for me

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I think the mavs only have 4-5 mil to allocate now. They are looking at mo Williams and Jeremy Lin type players.

10. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Trade KPap, TJones, and two 2nd round picks for Darren Collison.

Resign Terry, McDaniels, and Josh Smith (leave enough of the MLE to sign Harrell to a Parsons style contract).

PG: Beverly, Collison, Terry
    SG: Harden, McDaniels, Johnson
    SF: Ariza, Brewer, Dekker (RGV)
    PF: DMo, Smith, Harrell (RGV)
    C: Howard, Capela, Dorsey

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think maybe Pat Bev gets traded for Lawson by the deadline while absorbing even more salary thus going into some luxury tax. That's the real scenario I see at this point if Morey changes his mind. I think Morey knows Bev's injuries are healed for the long term with a group of consultants and gave him that very flippable contract.

1 person likes this.
  12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

If Smith comes back and we don't get LMA... He will be the starter and not Dmo

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Why would you think this?

14. Rox>Mavs

Would Denver care to have Bev though? We can trade salaries in KPap and prigs to match that aren't guaranteed. Just send picks and young guys....I think that'd be more appealing to Denver.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I like Collison.

16. photojoe

photojoe Member

I would be very ok with this. Nothing major this off season, but we were the 2nd best team in a stacked Western Conference. We don't need anything major.

If LMA surprised me and chose the Rockets, I wouldn't complain about that either

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

Need to trade Jones

18. draneb

draneb Member

Someone like Leandro Barbosa or Rodney Stuckey for the backup PG/SG spot.

I really want to see the Rockets pick up a backup Center who would be able to start if needed.

Not an undersized power forward moved over to the center spot but a legitimate 6'11 - 7 footer who could shoot from around the free throw line and being able to make some free throws wouldn't hurt either.

19. fattz

fattz Member

The Suns are in the LMA sweepstakes and are clearing cap space to sign him. They are close now.

Kief Morris
    For
    Jones and (KPap and Prigioni to cut)

This move upgrades the power forward --> KM's 8M is a soild contact for 3 more years to come.
    Free up space for the rookies
    Lets Smith walk or take a vet minimum

Saves the MLE for a point guard

The Bucks have Bayless and / or Ennis and a slew of others gaurds--> trade partner

Kendall Marshall is unemployed (cut for cap space)

Starters:
    Howard, Morris, Ariza, Harden & Marshall (or someone better)
    Bench:
    Capella, DMo, Brewer, KD, Bev & Bayless
    D League:
    Ennis, Johnson, Dekker & Harrell

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

none of hte rockets guards are true pgs so rockets deserately need one. stuckey would be sick since he has potential to be a 3pt threat. if not he's gives harden a ton of help wit his ball handling ans play making.

but still i wanna do the jones, kostas etc for a pg trade