1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. VanityHalfBlack

@KingCheetah holy crap, I can't wait to get mines!! I'm in the quarter 2 bracket, so it's going to be awhile till preorders are filled up!! I'm so ready dawg!

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Thats pretty cool.

I read that you can set up multi-boot so you can run Windows. All I need on it is Excel for hours of spreadsheet fun!

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

That's not even his pic. Are they even releasing the steam decks yet? Boy.... CF used to at least semi-vet things- at least put a loaf of bread next to it.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

VanityHalfBlack and Ubiquitin like this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Nah dawg.... Bananas are universal. Bread loafs is CF.

Invisible Fan and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Came in to report I am now on PS5 controller #3. Stick drift on 2 & stick drift + mic issues on 1 of those 2.

7. Poloshirtbandit

I haven't had issues with my PS5 controllers yet, but I did buy a second PS4 controller a few years ago that started having drift a few days after I bought it. Tried a few things I found on YouTube but nothing seemed to fix it.

Ziggy likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Buy from a new controller and get the Best Buy 2 year warranty. $19.99. xbox regular Controllers have 90 day warranties. PS5 have 1 year.

When I bought an Elite Series 2 controller for the Series X, Best Buy wanted $59.99 for the warranty (they base it on price). MS had extended the warranties on the Elite Controllers for a year already. However, I went to MS directly and added a warranty for $20. Hell, I was able to get a Series X extended 3 year warranty for $49.99. Microsoft is great on extended, cheaper than retailers.

Sony needs to do extended warranties for those PS5 controllers.

The real problem is MS, Sony and Nintendo all use the same analog stick component from the same company. And they all fail in similar fashion and cause stick drift. There are alternatives that don't have the same issue.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I had problems with my ps5 controller Sony honored the warranty but made me pay for shipping and it took 2-3 weeks. Same thing happened again a few weeks later bought a new one from Walmart and swapped it out. **** them for not covering shipping on a new product with a known issue. The lady at Walmart tore apart the box making sure I didn’t put a brick in there so I’m assuming it went back to Sony in the end anyway.

Mr.Scarface likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I guess mine are still both under warranty as well. How do I file a claim?

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It was a while ago but I found their number either on the box somewhere or probably on their website. They actually use 3rd party repair centers so there’s one in Texas. I think you can track it too but I’m having a hard time remembering all the steps. It’s a pretty amateur hour process I expected more from Sony.

Ziggy likes this.
  12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Can you get a Xbox Series X for normal price yet?

VanityHalfBlack and tinman like this.
  13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Walmart has them in stock right now. My Xbox One's power supply has a short and I finally wiggled it the wrong way today messing around with some other stuff in it's cabinent... I got lucky they were there when I looked, looks like they've been going in and out of stock today.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't know where to post this

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

VanityHalfBlack and CCity Zero like this.