1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I hope there's an all black version. I prefer the understated color, that white is just gonna look strange with my otherwise all black enertainment center.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sweet, you can buy a 3rd version of the same game for three different generations of game systems

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

wow the graphics look horrible.Im pretty sure the input lag is going to bad too.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

5. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I heard some where that we probably won't see any real next gen games or graphics for the first couple of years of the new consoles. Everything will be about the load times and world generating seamlessly as you play.

6. noize

noize Contributing Member

As a gamer for 20+ years, I was also underwhelmed by this PS5 revealing. Only a fraction of those games are remotely "next-gen" looking (Horizon 2, Village and Legend of Athia). Considering a good portion of the videos are not real time gameplay, I see no reason it cant be done on the PS4 PRO (minus ray tracing and other advanced features exclusive to PS5). Like someone said, I hope the fast load time of the PS5 will make up for this small jump in tech advancement.

I understand though, the technology in the video game world has advanced so much that it has somewhat hit a plateau and that any new advancement will be lost behind all of the numbers as our eye has already seen the best there is to see. With each consecutive new console, the leap in tech (to what our eyes can see) is getting smaller each time. You can even imply this same concept with phones. You have some phones with outrageous 4K screen resolution or has something like 16GB of RAM,state of the art camera, yet you don't even notice these advanced features when compared to a phone with much inferior specs.

Gone are the huge jump from 8-bit to 16-bit, or from PS1 to PS2 (Metal Gear Solid 2 demo was way ahead of its time technologically speaking. I thought the jump from PS3 to PS4 was some what significant since it was the first time we've reached high definition (720p).

I have to admit, I do love the look of the PS5 console. Sony was being bold and they added a futuristic flare to it. People will stop complaining about the look soon. This is new to us and I think most of us will adjust. Had they act conservative and create the traditional box style, people will complain it looks too boring. Any way, lets see in 3 years from now how these game will improve.

#66 noize, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    peleincubus, Yung-T and donkeypunch like this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There is.

I cant believe this thing is supposed to cost $499? I was paying like $800 for PS3.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

They haven't shown any different colour for the system yet, so far only the White one.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Maybe I'm just thinking about the game itself -- not including graphics the game had lots of little annoying changes complained about. It felt bloated and old - the menu was really annoying.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Thought this black render was REAL. Lulz on ME.

tinman likes this.
  11. Poloshirtbandit

Looks like it's going to be free for PS5.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Your post here may be interesting to read From your VR googles in 10-15 years.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

They should make it free for a year, at least. Would get more people to buy into the game / console. Despite it being one of the most popular games / franchises, I would personally need more incentive to buy and play GTA 5.

tinman and Poloshirtbandit like this.
  15. Poloshirtbandit

I've been playing it pretty much since it came out (never bought shark cards) and was finally starting to get bored until I found out a couple co-workers were also playing a few months ago. Now we all play several times a week. It's fun if you have other people to play with.

tinman likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't understand why all the online add ons are extremely cartoonish, the online game isn't true to the GTA series, it reminds of what happened to saints row, I hope they don't incorporate any of that wacky **** into the GTA 6 story.

tinman likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

I got it for the current gen but they are milking GTA5 hard.
    This reminds me when Capcom came out with like 4 Versions of Street Fighter 2

18. tinman

Supporting Member

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

happend to saints row? Saints row was built on that premise, a totally wacky and cartoonish version of GTA.

As for every game adding cartoonish stuff, I blame Fortnite for that, all the kids want that **** now

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Saints row 2 was a little goofy, but I loved it, it wasn't that over the top. Saints row 3 and 4 were abominations, that were completely alien to saints row 2.