1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

News on Deke's hospital opening

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hooroo, Jul 24, 2007.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://www.stargazettenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070724/COLUMNIST05/707240327

2. rocketmingles

rocketmingles Contributing Member

finally. Deke will be remembered.

3. rocBJ

rocBJ Member

Deke is a good man, god bless him and his country!

4. allforone

allforone Member

I am strongly advocating the ROX to resign Deke , as a player or the new mascot ...... He needs to get paid to run the hospital , at least .

and, God Bless him !

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Thanks for posting. I was getting email updates, but they stopped for some reason. It had slipped off my radar somehow. Deke is an incredible man.

6. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

congrats to deke...he is a great humanitarian

7. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

8. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

well done deke!

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This is awesome...however, I worry about it's longevity. All of that tech is going to take $$$ to maintain. I hope there's some kind of trust set up (like Shriners) to help maintain everything.

It would be great to see this as a new starting point for Deke's country. It must bring them some pride- almost like a national monument.

10. rocketsmetalspd

For all the work Deke has put into his country and the new hosptial, he deserves to come back to H-Town and win a Championship. :)

11. kjames44

kjames44 Member

Congrats to Deke and his country for this dedication of this fine facility! It is always nice to see and hear this type of generosity and I believe that this facility is the first of many great things in this country. I hope the Rocks give Deke a final farewell tour and send him off in style this year...it's truly deserved. Deke has a lot of Corporate donors and my wife's company made a generous contribution and I am aware of many others who did the same.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Congrats on the hospital... now get your ass back in Houston and sign the contract already. :)

13. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Deke has the biggest heart among all of the NBA players. Great humanitarian guy that people really appreciate to be part of our town's great organization. Congrats Deke!

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Between this and the Jason Simmons/Ahman Green story, you really have to be proud of the type of athletes we have in Houston.

15. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Congrats Deke...great man big heart...i hope the rockets keep him around one more season just so i can see him wag his finger few more times :D

16. rua2006

rua2006 Member

Congrats Deke. He put so much hard work into something so special, and it's wonderful that this project has succeeded as well as it did. I hope more in his position follow his example.

17. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Great read! Congrats to Deke and all the people that the hospital will be able to help. Can you imagine him as a doctor? The surgical instruments would need to be customized to fit his hands.

18. rocketear

rocketear Contributing Member

Je vous salue, Mr. Dikembe Mutombo. Vous etes extraordinaire !!!