1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Projects coming to Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Luckyazn, Mar 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

I'm always interested in seeing and hearing about new projects in Houston

so I thought I'll post some ... please add.

Main Place (Downtown)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CityCentre (Beltway/I-10)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Houston Pavilions (Downtown)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Isn't there supposed to be a new park in Downtown soon?

3. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

main place reminds me slightly of the w hotel in dallas. probably because of the section with the trees.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. rodrick_98

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Yes, Discovery Green. It's right across the street from the GRB Convention Center. They actually held a concert there 2 week ago and reportedly 4,000 people showed up for it.

http://www.discoverygreen.com/

[​IMG]

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Citycenter huh? I live at the Beltway and I-10. What the hell does that consist of?

7. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

are all of these projects GOING To happen..or they are just proposals that havnt been confirmed? If so..i cant wait to see what houston will be like in a couple of years.

8. coma

coma Contributing Member

The project I'm looking forward to the most will be the completion of the I-10 expansion.

Did you guys know that between 610 and Hwy 6, the middle four lanes of I-10 are going to be HOV lanes?

I can only have faith and say it's for the best (although so far the 610/I-10 modifcation seems it was designed by someone who obviously who hasn't driven since the Model-T was introduced).

9. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

When is it supposed to be completed? I can't believe how bad it is right now. I was going to Costco yesterday and took the Bunker Hill exit. I was stuck on the feeder from that exit to Bunker Hill for 35 minutes

10. rodrick_98

i-10 is supposed to be finished sometime in 2009.

and about the 4 center lanes being hov lanes, i think that has been modified. last i heard it will look like this.

3 frontage road lanes
    4 normal lanes
    1 hov lane (separated by orange markers)
    2 toll lanes (separated by a barrier like hov lanes are now)
    ----------------
    2 toll lanes
    1 hov lane
    4 normal lanes
    3 frontage road lanes

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

ROFL. You haven't seen the CityCenter signs and the massive amount of dirt and construction equipment by Town & Country? At least the Luby's is still there...

I gather that, when finished, CityCenter will look pretty much look like The Domain in Austin, The Shops at Legacy in Plano, and Market Street in The Woodlands.

Not that Town & Country needs MORE people... :rolleyes:

12. tomato

tomato Member

What are you guys talking about, rich people turf?

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

BLVD Place and Regent Square seem to be the most ambitious, imo... unfortunately the most ambitious component of BLVD Place (55-60 story Ritz Carlton hotel/condo) has apparently been reduced to two 30 story buildings :mad:

there's a TON of substantial projects in various stages throughout the city, though... pretty exciting times in houston right now.

btw, mainplace, city centre, and the pavillions are all currently under construction.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Well I live in College Station still. When I am in town I avoid that entire area like an Ebola outbreak. It looks like a future scene from Terminator when the robots takeover. Especially at night when they construction crew has their torches going and sparks are flying and those high beam lights are on. The traffic is a joke.

So they took down the mall to build an outdoor mall? Man... They are finding ways to shove the traffic right up my butt.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Different because people will live there...and work there. It's not just retail. This isn't just another "outdoor mall." The retail tenants aren't ones that would ever commit to a "mall."

There are brownstones (selling between $800K and $1,000,000) and highrises. A hotel with condos for sale. "A" grade office space.

This project will drive property values around there insanely high...in fact it's already doing that. I have a friend in commercial real estate who can't stop talking about its impact. Moody..who owns T&C Village next door.. has already contacted some of his existing tenants to let them know he will be tearing down part of T&C Village to refurbish it to attract the kind of quality tenants that CityCentre already has committed to it.

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

There also building a Ritz Carlton with a bunch of shops and living spaces on Post Oak 1 block from Westheimer.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

when are the pavillions supposed to be done?

18. rz04

rz04 Member

Is it just me or is the building doesn't seem to go with the downtown landscape? Its too shiny and makes the buildings next to it seem gloomy and brown, could just be because its photoshopped tho.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

discovery tower will look very nice built up against discovery green...

[​IMG]

20. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

People live in The Domain and in The Shops at Legacy as well...