1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New player to hate: Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Houston22, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Houston22

Houston22 Member

There is a new supasta' not on your team.
    He gets the calls we hated on Kobe to see.
    He waives his hands and you know you would break Dirk's knees for doing that.
    He talks Roy, but acts Pierce.

I didn't entirely grown to hate him, but he is on the outside-lookin-in list.
    In my opinion he cost Thunder game 1 against LAL's. There was a guy Westbrook who had everything going his way. There were Thunder C's having a big game. But no. There was a guy who wanted to prove he will score on Artest no mater what. No mater if his team will get a L.

What do you think?

2. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

I think you are dumb.

1 person likes this.
  3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think you need a ****ing English lesson.

I didn't understand a thing you said.

1 person likes this.
  4. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

you're like PointForward II

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm Kevin Durant's biggest fan right now! :grin:

6. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Dude, how can you not like Durantula?

I'm a bit of a homer because he played for the Longhorns! Hook em Horns!

He is humble, doesn't whine, or talk mess. He leaves it all out on the floor.

He is the Anti-T-Mac!

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Jeff Green cost the Thunder game 1 and 2, actually...

8. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

New poster to hate: Houston22

1 person likes this.
  9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

How many accounts does Solomon have?

1 person likes this.
  10. sw847

sw847 Member

So far everyone posted has disagreed with the OP. On some Level i do too, considering durant is a great player and is someone you would love to have on your team who plays hard and keeps his mouth shut. Also I kind of disagree with some of the 'qualities' that the OP stated about Durant.

But for those above me that have posted, I ask this: would you guys still feel the same if we lost a play off series against them?

Last year when we won against Broy and the blazers, there was no hate cause we won. There was a lot of flopping by their team. I guess winning really does make a difference.

Now imagine this. IMO next year we would most likely to face the Thunder in the first round. Lakers, denver, dallas is my top 3 seeds. Presuming Yao needs a third of the season to really get used to the players around him vice versa and get in shape. Jazz prob will loose boozer and the suns would loose amare. Oden has yet to play a good season, so for me the 4th and 5th seeds are up for grabs between thunder and rockets. Durant getting all the calls and kills us in the series, would you guys till feel the same way?

Its about whether we loose or not in a playoff series, not about the actual players. Just like how everyone here hates terry, who just kills us when he plays and taunts with that ugly wings thingy. If we loose against the thunder, everyone on this board would feel durants shirt popping as arrogant or any other gesture is hateable.

Hey, for me any good/great player that is not on the rockets and have potential to kill us in a playoff series, I would imagine he is someone I would hate one day. Guess that is why I find players on the Worriers or Kings more likeable as for me i doubt they would beat us in the near future :grin:

11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

rant is overrated.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I deteste the Jazz, but I didn't dislike D-Will after they beat the Rockets in the playoffs, twice in-a-row. Same for KD. In fact, losing to the Thunder would be much easier to stomach than losing to the Lakers, Jazz or Mavs. Not even close.

13. sw847

sw847 Member

you are right. I love Dwill as well, infact he is prob my favourite player right now (at least on an individual basis but still find it hard to cheer for him).

I never said that was the same, you have to agree that it is much more likely to hate a player if we loose to them right? I just feel that durant is a POTENTIAL player that we would hate on if we lost to the thunder. thats all.

14. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

The kid is very humble and talented.

15. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

the oklahoma city durants had no chance without him playing well

16. SunsRocketsfan

how can you hate Durant? He's clean cut.. no tattoos.. plays hard.. fun to watch... isnt dirty.. doesnt flop.. humble...He just plays the game it was meant to be played. He goes to the line a lot and shoots 90%!!!

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There aren't that many players in the league I actually dislike. I tend to resent the fans of certain players, rather than the players themselves.

18. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Dude seriously, Durant is one of the most humble guys in the NBA, and doesn't go show boating like other players (Lebron) about his superior talent...

But if you choose to hate on him that's all on you, majority of fans actually like the guy... :p

--RB

19. hoplite

hoplite Member

I agree 100%! His game is just smooth, he still needs to stop taking a few illadvised shots at times.

There's really no one on the thunder that I can actually say I don't like. They all shut up and play, give it 100% and seem to be a good group off the court. I love their energy. I actually hope thy get a decent post player this summer bc that would put them over the top with some experience. They need some low post scoring desperately, n if kd can add some muscle he will just be down right scary.

They have easily become my 2nd favorite team to watch n the only other team I can cheer for.

1 person likes this.
  20. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

New Poster to hate