1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Nickname for Shane

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RHU525, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Almost and Almu both start out the same way...they also both end in disappointment.

2. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

Actually, to me this is ALMOST the greatest thread ever ;) .

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

You need to stop your hatin' or I'll break yo ankles!

4. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

Mr. President fits him the best.

5. Fuzzybear

I know you can too, bc I played like Shane last week ;)!

6. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Good thing your shane-like presence alone made her figit enough to miss the wide-open shot.

He almost has a habit of doing that even to the best of players.

Signed NBA Superstars that hate playing against the Batman because they are forced to work on offense instead of being free constantly

7. Fuzzybear

Must be that "almost" aura rubbing off on her shot ;)

8. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Wouldn't 0% of never be ALWAYS??

HMMM

9. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Ouch. Good point... :D

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

i prefer "97%"

That's about what "almost" equates to right? or is it "99%"?

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Just count today if he has more than 10 times where he touches the ball then it goes to another player or out of bounds you will understand where I am coming from. Otherwise I'll retract this statement.

12. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Somewhat off-topic but I don't see where is this "Shane is an average 1 on 1 defender, he is only a good team defender" coming from. I sometimes watch Shane exclusively to understand these claims but all I see is Shane having a hand in the shooters face every time. Is it because Kobe usually has a 40+ game against us...on 30 FG%? I'll take that every time. I think Shane is a great defensive player all around (maybe not so much in the post).

Regarding the topic, isn't it what hustle is all about? Shane tries to block, steal, rebound when others would just give up because of the chances of succeeding in the particular play are really low. So most of the time he comes up short making himself look worse than if he wouldn't have tried, and you get the impression that he can't get the job done while in reality the effort to create the opportunity itself deserves praise. Just my 2 cents. (Note: I haven't seen the game against Dallas so I don't know the plays you are refering to, I'm just speaking about Shanes overall game).

13. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Someone must have just watched "Apocalypto."

14. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Care to explain to me why this great 1on1 defender has NEVER managed to make the NBA All Defensive Team?

15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Because the NBA All Defensive Team is built around Hype, and thus worthless honors is most nba fanatics opinion

Much like the M.V.P. most value to the team? Most value for the money? Take either one, fact is it most definitely wasn't Dirk, but his 60 win team full of hype got him it.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

care to explain to me why we mostly see you in Battier threads....

let it go man

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I dunno just seemed like Josh Howard scored at will yesterday and in the portland game Brandon Roy seemed to get around him and scored to keep them in the game especially in the second half.

Kobe on the other hand is a different story, no one really does a good job defending him he just has his on and off days. Because when he is on no one can stop him not even 5 players.

But still you guys are all missing the point. I am not bashing Shane in anyway, Im just saying sometimes its kinda frustrating to see that he can get his hand on soo many balls but never come up with one.

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

We almost gave away the Laker game.

19. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

If you look at All Defensive Teams, Kobe and Raja Bell were the top 2 defenders from the guard positions last year. Do you agree with that? All these awards are based purely on reputation, hype, stats (there is often a center who has a good amount of steals or a forward who blocks shots on one of the teams regardless of how they actually get them) or as a consolation for not getting it before.

20. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

This thread Almost worth 2 stars...

It's not like you can get steals or blocks as you wish in the NBA, the opponent will do their best to take care of the ball. When you get a piece of the ball and deflect the ball out of bound, you disrupt the set play the other team is running, preventing them from getting the ball where they wanted, and often will force them to try to beat the shot clock and take bad shots. It's not always about get for the steal, it is Almost more important to disrupt the rhythm of the other team.