1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Cat - Need a Name

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JayZ750, Jul 23, 2001.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

We have adopted yet another stray cat. I have yet to see it, but it is apparently a black male kitten.

Since it has found a home, it now needs a name. Any suggestions?

------------------
    American business long ago gave up on demanding that prospective employees be honest and hardworking. It has even stopped hoping for employees who are educated enough that they can tell the difference between the men's room and the women's room without having little pictures on the doors.

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I have cross-analyzed my pet name database, and I have come up with the answer.

You should name your new cat....

Rufus

------------------
    "Blues is a Healer"
    --John Lee Hooker

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Lunch. [​IMG] Hey, I'm Chinese.

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

4. haven

haven Member

My last black male cat was named raven [​IMG].

------------------
    Clutchcity.net... source for all your Rockets, Astros, political, music, humor, and Gordita news.

5. JayZ750

Does that mean you're also short and good with math [​IMG] (just a joke)

But I'll take your name into consideration [​IMG]

------------------
    American business long ago gave up on demanding that prospective employees be honest and hardworking. It has even stopped hoping for employees who are educated enough that they can tell the difference between the men's room and the women's room without having little pictures on the doors.

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

nope. Not short, especially not for a Chinese guy. Hmm....about the math thing, I'm probably the dumbest Chinese guy you would meet. [​IMG]

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

7. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Blackie Onassis! (drummer for Urge Overkill)

8. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Mojo

------------------
    I'M COOKING WITH GAS...

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Ask the cat. He'll tell you. [​IMG]

Personally, I'd go with Miles or Mingus but that's the jazz lover in me. [​IMG]

------------------
    Who's your buddy? Who's your pal? I am, aren't I?

10. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Snowball

------------------
    I'm looking for a job, so hire me

"And I just have to smile and say 'well, I hope so' while I'm really thinking inside how I'd like to just strangle them and take their job."

11. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

12. JayZ750

I like Miles, but my parents have a dog named Miles already. Im looking for something with personality, but not something as common as a Max or Felix.

------------------

13. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

I had a black cat that died a few years a go. He was named Bart (as in Black Bart). He would be honored if your cat carried this honorable name into a Hakeem-less future.

------------------
    "How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak. Because someday you will have been all of these."

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I've been into geography names. My puppy, who died recently of parvo, was named Cyprus. If we had gotten a male, we would have called him Antioch. My previous dog (who is actually still alive and with my parents) is named China. There are good place-names out there that will work well for animals (but not children). There are also all sorts of names in the Old Testament that would be bad for naming your children but just fine for aniimals; names like Jezebel or Ahab.

My sister has a knack for finding an appropriate name based on the look of an animal. Her current cat is Chunky Monkey. Meanwhile, I don't think my brother has ever named an animal.

One market I plan to tap soon is semi-obscure historical figures, like Deniken or Zinoviev (Russian Revolution).

Any of this help?

------------------
    RealGM
    Gafford Art
    Artisan Cakes

15. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

I had a tuxedo kitty named "Bandit"
    Had 3 orange cats in a row as a child all named "George"
    The last cat that ran away was "Mr.Buster"

I now have dogs, Spooky (just looks like one) and Isis (also called Icey for her icey blue eyes)

Had a friend with a cat named Skreech, by the sound of its meow!

What does he/she look like? I mean the look of its face will tell you. It'll come around and then change and evolve, I'm sure!

------------------
    This space left intentionally blank...

[This message has been edited by mr_oily (edited July 23, 2001).]

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Cujo - from Cujo

Jones - from Alien

Church - from Pet Sematary

Mr. Mistofales (sp?) - from Cats

------------------

17. davo

davo Contributing Member

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chilly Pete
    Slappy
    Chooples
    Clankford

------------------
    Life is a **** sandwich. The more bread you have, the less **** you have to take.

You can Run from the bet, you can Rave at the bet...but you just can't hide.

19. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

You must name it Clovis.

Definitely Clovis.

------------------
    All hail Fadeaway's Cyberfish -- your 2000-2001 BobFinn* Fantasy Basketball League Champions!

20. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Name it Cuttino [​IMG]

------------------
    "I look kind of dumpy. Look at my butt. And what kind of shoes do they have me wearing? At least they got the chinstrap beard right."
    -Kevin Garnett on the KG bobblehead dolls during KG bobblehead doll night at the Target Center