1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Bin Laden tape surfaces...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tigermission1, Apr 23, 2006.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Henery Hawk

The things we remember....

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I know who she is, and she lives in Austin (unless she's moved recently). So does her father, much of the time. He has a house by the lake, and is buying a condo or a loft Downtown, according to a friend of mine. She's very active in local politics, especially environmental issues, and has been for years. I hope she has moved into a more high-profile job, helping to beat the GOP like a drum in November. I don't know if she has. And if she's moved to Washington, more power to her!

I just don't understand why she was relevant to anything.

Keep D&D Civil.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No you aren't supposed to call it that, because it shows your ignorance on the matter. If you call it Al Qaeda TV then you simply don't know much about Al Jazeera.

They aired the tape because it is news. It is as simple as that. Every single U.S. news station used to air the tapes as well, and they still air parts of the tapes. They don't air the whole thing anymore because Condi Rice asked them not to. Otherwise they understand what news is, and as journalists they would try and air what news is.

An OBL tape is news, and any news service that airs it, is doing their job as responsible journalists.

4. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

It's not just that they air it, it's that OBL chooses to give it to them. They are his chosen mouthpiece. Apparently he has no trouble finding them, and I wouldn't be surprised if the opposite was true.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Of course he doesn't have trouble finding them. If he can find a post office, he can find Al Jazeera. Sure he gives it to them. They don't answer to any govt. at all, and weren't asked not show only govt. approved portions of the tape. They also air to an audience that OBL wants to reach.

None of that has to do with Al Jazeera cheering for OBL, or agreeing with anything he does.

6. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Sammy Fisher would call it "clash of civilizations."

7. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

IIRC, it was just "Chicken Hawk."

8. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Did you find it odd that Cheney chose to give his mea culpa on shooting that guy on Fox news? Does that make Fox news the mouthpiece of the current Admin?

9. gwayneco

You're comparing OBL to Cheney?

10. gwayneco

Right, it comes in the mail - just like the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes ;).

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Actually at least one of the tapes did come through the mail.

But that is beside the point. The larger point is that it isn't hard to find them.

Too bad these tapes don't bring the promise of Ed McMahon showing up on Al Jazeera's doorstep, though. :)

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Well, great for them then! It just means more business in a competitive world, and they're doing quiet well in that case.

Moreover, gwayneco, you should also be aware that Al-Jazeera is one of the few major networks in the Islamic world at large that would give Israeli and American officials a forum to discuss and given an opinion regarding their position/views on any given topic/issue of the day. Did you know that some radical Islamist groups in the region claim Al-Jazeera is a "mouthpiece" of the "Zionists and Crusaders" because they give so much airtime to the Israelis and the Americans? In fact, it's unsurpassed in the region's history that they get to see the 'other side' quiet as often as they do on Al-Jazeera. Another fact is that they have a daily program called "From Washington" (one of the most popular and well-presented segments on their group of channels) that is SPECIFICALLY dedicated to giving a forum for various American government officials, journalists, and intellectuals to voice their opinions and familiarize the Arab street with everything related to American politics/society.

Now tell me which American media outlet has a "Live from Cairo/Riyadh/insert Arab capital here" show again?

#32 tigermission1, Apr 24, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  13. gwayneco

They also provide platforms for exceedingly anti_semitic jihadists. Is it your claim that they report fairly on the US?

14. gwayneco

Keep the faith. I know you loves your Al Jazeera!!!!!! :D It's the official network of the ClutchFans Moonbat Central Forum.

15. losttexan

losttexan Contributing Member

I don't understand?, Al Qaeda is in Iraq. Bush told us so. That is where he sent our soldiers to fight the war on terror. Bin Laden must not be as much of a threat to the US and the world as Iraq or the President wouldn't have diverted attention away from the search for Bin Laden in Afghanistan.

But there was just an attack in Egypt the day after Bin Laden released a tape? Well I'm sure the oil, I mean the REAL TERRORISTS are in Iraq.

16. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Are you actually saying the administration wants osama bin laden free?

17. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I'll say it!

Yep! It's good for bidness!

;)

18. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

He seemed to be saying it seriously. Not the same thing.

19. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

20. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Yes in the fact they both chose specific news outlets to make statements too rather than release them to the overall media. Neither Cheney nor Osama Bin Ladin had open press conferences. So if that makes Al Jazeera OBL's mouthpiece under that logic then that would make Fox News Cheney's.