1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Networking Opportunity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pugsly8422, Jul 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I thought I'd extend an invitation to anyone looking to network. A new BNI group has just been formed, so there are positions available. This isn't like a normal networking group where you have 3-4 people doing the same thing. In BNI there is 1 person that handles each specific field, so that when referrals come in, there's no confusion towards who they go to. If you're the IT person, all the IT referrals go to you. The average member made $40,000 in 2014 from referrals within the group.

These groups are very difficult to get into because once people get in, they rarely leave due to how successful they are (and when you leave, someone jumps in taking your profession, which means you can't get back in).

Anyway, here's a link that says pretty much the same stuff I just mentioned. It also includes a link to register for the next meeting so you can come in to see if you'd be interested.

Some examples of the open professions:

Cosmetics/skin care
    Advertising
    Exterminator
    Contractor
    IT
    Dentist
    Estate Planning Attorney
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    CPA
    Bookkeeping
    Marketing Services
    Electrician

Anything in between as well....I've seen massage therapists, window treating companies, and personal trainers.

Let me know if you have any questions.

2. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Sign me up for dentist, exterminator, and criminal defense lawyer.

I'll take cosmetics/skin care too if no one bites. Thanks.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why is this pyramid scheme better than all the others?

5. AFKBowflexing

AFKBowflexing Member

I'm actually a member of the BNI Greenway Plaza chapter. We get at least 1-2 visitors every week that want to come in and join, but are forced to turn them away because the positions are full. If you guys are looking to expand, I'm sure some of them would love the opportunity to join your group. I'll send you my info.

Oh, and pyramid scheme?! :confused: ok....

6. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I dont understand, what is this?

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What is a BNI?

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

(Kind of like the chamber of commerce)

Business Network International

Business Network International (BNI) is an organization which is "the world's largest referral organization" with over 150,000 members worldwide.[1] BNI is in over 58 countries worldwide.[2] BNI was founded in 1985 by Dr. Ivan Misner "for the primary purpose of building powerful referral networks".[3][4]

Contents [hide]
    1 Chapter format
    2 Financial structure
    3 Statistics
    4 References

Chapter format[edit]
    The BNI organization works by creating a group of people from various industries and encouraging regular passing of referrals.

Each chapter allows one person per occupational classification, and prospective members must be approved via an application process.

BNI's philosophy is "Givers Gain" - members are expected to focus on giving referrals to other members to build relationships and receive referrals in return.

BNI draws a distinction between a "referral" and a "lead." A lead is contact information for a prospect for a member's business, while a referral occurs only when the prospect has already expressed interest in the business in question, and is ready to be contacted by the referred BNI member.

Chapters have specific rules regarding required attendance in order to cultivate the relationships needed to create a comfort level in referring business.

Chapters track the monetary amount of passed business in order to prove the value of the financial and time commitment.

Financial structure[edit]
    Members pay a one-off joining fee, an annual membership fee, and a weekly meeting fee to cover room hire and refreshments.

Statistics[edit]
    Number of chapters: over 6,866 (as of 2011)[citation needed]
    Number of members: 170,000[5]
    Total annual value of referrals: 5.4 million referrals resulting in $6.5 billion (U.S.) (2014)[6]

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Is this another MLM or whatever that crap that Amway sells?

If yes, say good bye to me. I can actually fulfill a lot of those roles but I'm not interested pyramid scheme bull ****

10. dragician

dragician Member

surprisingly USANA supplements are on cloud nine...

11. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

150k members worldwide aint ****.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Huh. Well if you need anyone to refer people to convenience stores I have experience with that

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Oh no! How will they be able to move on?:(

14. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

You meet weekly for lunch and pass referrals. Since you're the only one within the group in your field, you get all of those referrals. Seems pretty simple to me. I don't know where you're getting pyramid/MLM scheme.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Everyone in that group should just go to the 1 person in the group offering advertising/marketing (which you listed) and have them generate leads for everyone since that's the entire premise of marketing. No more pee-pee game meetings.

16. hvic

hvic Member

How much does it cost for membership

17. Classic

Classic Member

I did bni years ago; hated it

There were like 3 or 4 mlms in the group

The only people I saw do anything was the Liberty mutual insurance person and the exterminator..everyone had to pass referrals for membership so they passed themselves. That $40k figure is absolute horse***** and people come and go all the time.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

SO in essence a vast majority of people make nothing and the few that make money make it off the other small percentage guinea pigs

yeah sounds like a MLM ponzi scheme

19. marky :)

marky :) Member

Unless Pitbull, Mr. Worldwide himself, has heard of this, I'm not buying that this is worldwide.

20. Classic

Classic Member

I would agree with the assessment.