1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Stranger Things

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tallanvor, Jun 9, 2016.

1. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watched it all at once during my staycation last week. Agree that the child actors were superb and that the adult actors paled in comparison. Overall entertaining but not nearly as good as Daredevil (which I also binge watched).

The music really reminded me of classic Tangerine Dream / Giorgio Morodi soundtracks.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Natalia Dyer did a very good job (compared to the two love interests and her clumsy friend. Obvious she was the most experienced of the teen actors and positioned her well among the younger leads. It helps she physically looks younger.

The comment about Lucas family was interesting. I vaguely recall they mom might have been introduced. But if not, I don't believe the pudgy kid's parents were introduced either, were they?

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

You're right about the pudgy kid. I don't really have a problem with the show having a predominantly white cast. A lot of the 80s films it references are all-white cast films.

I like the Twin Peaks vibes.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Toothless kid and Lucas' parents don't have any speaking parts, but they were seen very briefly.

5. val_modus

val_modus Member

Is this a show my parents could get into? Old, foreign-born folks who aren't into hip new shows. More into Game of Thrones, Daredevil, Breaking Bad, etc...

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think most demographic would enjoy this series.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

end of episode 3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LsvuipGq2ns?start=151" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. fchowd0311

That scene was a tear jerker for me. The reactions from the kids and that song just made me shed a tear.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Michael's dad was my favorite

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Your parents are into GoT, Daredevil and Breaking Bad? I thought those were the hip new shows.

11. 713

713 Member

Can my 10 year old neice watch it with me? I can't seem to find the parents guide for the show.
    Any Nudity, violence, cussing?

12. fchowd0311

No explicit nudity from what I can recall. There is one sex scene where one of the main characters takes off her shirt and you can see her bra but in terms of sexual explicitness, that's about it.

There is some blood but no explicit decapitations or anything that severe. There are a few 'jump scares' and the 'monsters' can be a bit creepy for young children but I would say for a 10 year old, it's perfectly fine.

There is cussing but I'm so desensitized to it I don't remember how severe it was.

I would say this would be a pg-13 if it was in theaters.

1 person likes this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What kind of uncle can't spell "niece"?

:p

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

So how are they doing season 2? Completely new story and characters? I hope so.

15. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Why?

16. fchowd0311

I've gotten attached to the characters they have. I think it would be a mistake to not have the stellar child cast not return next season if there is one.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

So they can screw it up like True Detective? Please no.

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

How? In the first episode the guy in the diner spoke about the "girl" he found many times, even when calling CPS, when things got good.

I'm only one episode in due to this thread and thoroughly enjoyed it, and this isn't the type of show I usually watch. Got really hooked at the end of episode 1 of course.

19. likestohypeguy

Haha wow I remembered that being way better than it was. It was just a segment in the electric company right, or another show, or its own show?

The black girl looks so familiar, like I know her from somewhere else besides that. Probably not though.

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

still way too many unanswered questions from this season to go doing a completely new story.