1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Stranger Things

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tallanvor, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

This show was just about perfect. I hope there's a second season.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

So far so good. Really liking this show. I'm on episode 6. Sci-Fi is my favorite genre.

3. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Just finished watching this. This has to be the best Netflix series ever. Narcos was good, but this is so much better.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Took me 2 episodes to realize 11 was a girl

Rocket River

5. likestohypeguy

And Explorers, Amazing Stories, Tales from the dark side. Fun, majestic, just the right amount of sinister.

So many perfect details, all the props, giant radio shack walkie talkies, D&D books, phones, buildings. And all the throwback music, intro, fonts, something about how it was shot, everything like that helped give it an authentic feel too.

6. Buck Turgidson

The intro and the other synth compositions give me a serious early Michael Mann flashback to stuff like Manhunter and Miami Vice.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Watched it this morning. Good stuff, really good stuff.

Netflix is on point.

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Just finished it. Really amazing. Hope they can keep the same level going in season 2. Like the OP said, this is one of those shows that I hope they planned 3 really good seasons worth. I'm optimistic though that season 2 could be as good as season 1.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, I didn't get why everyone was so hyped for this after watching the trailer. 3 episodes in and this s#!t is fantastic! Netflix giving their money to the right people when it comes to sci-fi.

After sense8 (I haven't finished it yet) I wrote off Netflix in regards to Sci-fi programing. Now I can't wait to see what else they got planned. Hopefully something in space.

I wonder if this would have been popular on Network TV. Would it even get passed the pitch stage?

10. Apps

Apps Member

Really loving this show. I like that it's more suspense than pop out horror. The first few episodes are racked with cliches, but the story and characters are still interesting enough to forgive that.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

only watched the first episode so far, but that was about as perfect a pilot as you could make

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

After 3 episodes, this show is stellar. Quite surprised I like it so much.

Very well executed so far. Hope it holds up.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Episode 7: This is a very good series.
    I like most is the nostalgia and they way they built this universe.
    The Music, the look and environment they create it are nice

The individuals involved everything . .. the characterizations were on point
    While this is not the GREATEST THING I EVER SEEN . . .it is a Damn Solid narrative
    Definitely worth the hours

Rocket River

14. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

These child actors were something else, amazing series.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

We watched the whole thing yesterday, thought it was great throughout.

I would like another season but I'm not sure how they could keep the same energy since the story was pretty self contained....

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Awesome series. So few minor glitches, but the fastest 8 hours of television I have ever seen (spaced over three nights... though I could easily see someone watching in one sitting).

re: a season 2:

Could approach as a sequel... lots of hints to a second season (
    Eggos left in the woods by the cop, slug coughed up by Will at the end, the lack of any remains of the villain/Modine and monster

So many great performances... one of the minor characters that I loved was the science teacher. He has to be included in any future season.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

3 episodes in, show is sick.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Science Teacher with the hot chick WATCHING John Carpenter's THE FRICKING THING on a Saturday night taking a call from a student .. . .
    Excellent Scene to me

The Science Teacher was such a good character
    I like the Deputies too

Rocket River

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I'm in the very small minority here but I don't get all the hype and 10/10 reviews for this show. I watched the entire season and thought it was okay. 6.5/10 is what I'd rate it. Am I missing something everyone else is seeing? Best part is the soundtrack and the worst part is Winona Ryder, good god is she a horrible actor.

There's got to be somebody that agrees with me. If not, flame on.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm with donkeypunch. Glad I didn't have to say it.

The 4 (3) boys were really good and fun. Sheriff was bad. Older bro/sis storylines bad. And monster story with girl and X-Files bad guys was about the 6.5 donkeypunch gave the whole thing.

But nothing can make up for how bad an actress Winona Ryder is. This isn't Beetlejuice where you're supposed to overact as a joke.