1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nenê considering retirement after this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, May 5, 2019.

1. farhen

farhen Member

Nene's time here on rox is way more meaningful than howard

FrontRunner and LUK3 like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’m not sure about the advanced stats but I’d take the Capela/Nene combo at the 5 any day over Dwight.

Nene always stepped up in the playoffs too and you never felt like there were major deficiencies in his game on both ends. Just solid.

However I thought he had one more year guaranteed? Players almost never give that up so I wouldn’t be dancing in the street if I was Tillman just yet. Might have to eat a few mil to waive him at the start of next season.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'll miss the guy, but he was not gonna be on the roster next season anyway. Whether it's part of a trade or to save money, that 3 mil was gonna get dealt one way or another.

Hopefully the Rockets can get past the Warriors and win it all so he can retire a champ.

4. LUK3

LUK3 Member

Offer him the job as the team’s own bouncer.

FrontRunner likes this.
  5. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I agree with you about his play, but Nene's earned more than $130,000,000 at basketball. His time here's been great and I don't foresee him doing anything that could hurt the Rockets going forward. But I guess we'll both know more this summer.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's too bad, I think he could go another season if he dropped some weight like Duncan and Nowitzki did in their last 5 years. He's been an excellent player for us, and other than those 2 FT's he missed cause he was cold off the bench, he has been very good in this series.

Contractually, his contract is worth more to us on the books than off. Attaching it to Gordon's contract allows us to trade for players in the $20m-$22m range. Most likely he officially retires but technically we include his contract in a trade if necessary.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

We're in the endgame now. Do it for Nene!

8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Dikembe Mutombo and Nene have been huge locker room guys.

James Harden, Chris Paul can convince Nene to come back, anything can happen.